All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: IBS when you are young is difficult new
      #314835 - 09/11/07 03:32 PM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

Hi there! I'm from the UK as well (i live in Bristol). I have IBS C but my doctor did the same tests on me and diagnosed me with IBS. I think our doctors act much differently to those in the US. My doctor did refer me to an allergy dietitian who's put me on a wheat free diet. It is helping a little but i think i'm going to combine it with Heather's diet because i think i'll need the combination. HOw are you getting on with yours?

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: FOOD SENSITIVITY TEST new
      #314845 - 09/11/07 05:35 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

My naturopath doc suggested food sensitivity test but I am afraid to take it now, especially because I'm not stable with my IBS. I pretty much know what triggers me: egg yolk, fat, dairy, spices, fried, brocolly, colliflower, caffeine, alcohol...

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

#315155 - 09/17/07 09:03 AM
zuzanka23

Reged: 07/20/07
Loc: UK

hi, i have been on the diet for a month now i think and i completely cut out wheat, i only eat rye bread and wheat free biscuits if i want something sweet, dont really eat pasta now, but i eat loads of potatoes, i dont eat dairy either, i competely gave up wheat, dairy, pork and eggs and garlic. I was feeling quite ok, i still get stomach ache when i need to go to toilet, but i havent felt the weird feeling in my gut when i thought i was about to have a diarrhoea. So i think its a bit better then i was before. I unfortunately couldnt resist, and had a bit of wheat, because I was out all day and came home starving and my mum cooked dinner for my brother and she made chicken nuggets which contained wheat, well i was starving and ate it. Few hours later i got such a bad stomach ache and thought i was gonna spend all night on the toilet. I also take immodium every day, so i didnt go to toilet, but the stomach ache was awful and im not eating wheat never ever again. I think i really shouldnt eat wheat. I think i can tolerate dairy a bit, but not a lot. I think you should deffinately go for that test, its interesting to see what they find. And you can see if they find some food you thought you could have tolerated. Well its up to you but let me know how you doing.
Good luck
Zuzana

#317198 - 10/23/07 12:58 PM
zuzanka23

i feel like giving up. i try to find more and more things about ibs, i read loads of books and everywhere i find more and more things. now i have read that soya is difficult to digest, therefore not good for us. I hate soya cheese soo much i just feel like puking. i miss cheese soo much, i loved cheese and havent had it for months. its just soo annoying this ibs. i wish someone would find a cure. I think people in US have it soo much easier, because there is so many people with IBS, there are loads of products available. I cant even buy Acacia tummy fiber, cos i havent got Visa card and cant order it. I cant have a normal life, boyfriend, nothing and i just wish i was normal. dammit. thanks for reading this lol

#317203 - 10/23/07 01:37 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Sorry you feel this way! I know what you mean, sometimes it's better just to take your mind off all the IBS information and try to listen to your body and figure it out yourself. Just wish it didn't take so long
I don't think IBS is easier here in the US - at least there isn't HFCS in almost everything in the UK. It's getting almost impossible to find stuff sweetened with sugar here, unless you buy organic. I think IBS is tough wherever you are!
As for internet shopping - see if you can find the acacia somewhere where they also accept paypal, that way you don't need a credit/debit card. I've seen it on ebay occasionally (Heather's brand).

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#317209 - 10/23/07 03:17 PM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

Hi Zuzanka, i'm sorry you're struggling so much. I can sympathise as i live in Bristol and it does seem like there are many more food options in the US than here and better healthcare. I've had the worst summer due to IBS. Like you, i've read lots about IBS and alot of it has been conflicting information. Unfortunately it is just trial and error. I think you need to try out one theory for 3 months, if that doesn't work then try out another one for 3 months, etc. This website does seem to have the best diet info though. Personally, although it's different for everyone, i've found that following the EFI diet combined with cutting out wheat has worked wonders for my IBS. But i'm IBS-C and from what i've read cutting out wheat isn't necessary for IBS-D folks. But it is trial and error and it's taken me 8 years to get to the point where i'm beginning to truly understand what's good and bad for my IBS. My IBS hasn't been constantly horrendous for the whole of this period. I've had good times and bad and i'm hoping that i'm reaching a more permanent good time with my IBS. However, i've only been feeling stable for about 2 weeks so it could all go bottoms up any day now!!!

Ultimately, i think IBS sucks for everyone who suffers with it. It's just a case of learning what works for you and how to manage it. Once it is more manageable i think it's easier to be stronger and not get as depressed about having IBS. That's what i'm hoping anyway!

Hope you feel better soon. Persevere, it'll be worth it

PS I miss cheese too!!! And chocolate...

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Re: FOOD SENSITIVITY TEST new
      #317248 - 10/24/07 08:40 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

I found some Yummy cookies at the Health food store the other day. They are called KinniTOOS vanilla creme sandwiches. I think they had them in chocolate too. There not oreos but you can make due. They are Gluten free, Wheat Free, Dairy/ Casein Free, Egg Free and Trans Fat Free. Here is the compnay name Kinnikinnick foods. Maybe you can google search them. Hope this helps for a treat..

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

Re: IBS when you are young is difficult and ANYONE TRIED CITRUCEL???? new
      #317661 - 10/30/07 10:41 AM
zuzanka23

thanks for advice, i have been on a diet for at least 2 months now and it seems like nothing but for me it seems like forever. I am trying to find different food all the time, but the choice is terrible lol. Anyway, i have bought Citrucel because Heather says its good for people with IBS but now im scared to take it lol. Has anyone tried Citrucel??? the tablets i mean.

#317672 - 10/30/07 12:53 PM
abby6126

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Towson MD

I take two in the morning after breakfast and two at night after dinner

--------------------
Abby-IBS-C, Lactose Intolerant, fructose sensitive

#317673 - 10/30/07 12:58 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

I use the tablets when I travel. I take 2 tables 2-3 times daily without problems.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 680 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 27057

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review