All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
new to site and need help eliminating foods
      #313082 - 08/12/07 04:36 PM
jewelie

Reged: 08/07/07

i eat a lot of carbs now and i love my sweets. i don't eat a lot of red meat maybe once per week if that, no soda, i do have some dairy and 1-2 cups of decaf coffee per day. i just started taking acacia. i do take other supplements. i have a stomach now and it does get bloated at times and i and IBS-A any suggestions?

--------------------
i guess i have had IBS for awhile now but it is acting up more lately. i have started the acacia and it seems to help with the IBS-D. iwant to be able to eat and go places without having to worry. no one understands my problem.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: new to site and need help eliminating foods new
      #313086 - 08/12/07 05:27 PM
JodieKG

Reged: 06/14/07

Well I suppose it all depends a bit on how you're feeling with the diet you have, but off the top of my head I'd say cut the meat, dairy and decaf coffee altogether and see if you get any improvement with the bloating and IBS-A. What about IF are you including that too? what sort of carbs are you eating lots of?

#313631 - 08/21/07 09:59 AM
jewelie

Reged: 08/07/07

i eat bagels, pasta, bread, cereal. i don't know what you mean by IF. i want to eat veggies, what can i eat?

--------------------
i guess i have had IBS for awhile now but it is acting up more lately. i have started the acacia and it seems to help with the IBS-D. iwant to be able to eat and go places without having to worry. no one understands my problem.

#313642 - 08/21/07 12:05 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

The Acacia by itself is not a miracle cure. You really need to try following Heather's Eating For IBS diet guidelines. You can take a look at this old post of mine to get pointers to the basic reading you need to do. Doing the reading will help you understand the difference between SF (Soluble Fiber) and IF (Insoluble Fiber), why you need both, and how to get the IF (which includes vegetables) safely. It will also help you understand why red meat, dairy, and coffee (even decaf) can be murder for IBS:

web page

You can also try fennel tea for the gas and bloating.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2104 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 856

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review