All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need some advice for rash...
      #313074 - 08/12/07 02:55 PM
virag

Reged: 02/22/07
Loc: Florida

It's been awhile but so far my IBS has been 'behaving' itself due to diligence and self-control. However with guests here for almost 3 weeks, I went off my menu and am now getting over the worst of it. But still have sporadic episodes of diarrhea and have developed a stubborn rash right between(no other way to put it) the butt, on the crack and slightly on the interior cheeks. This is the area that begins right at the top of the crack and down just to the top of the anal area.

I have tried topical antibiotics, otc cortisone cream, hot baths and a paste of water/cornstarch, vaseline but I find the ointments are not solving the problem but keeping it red and burning. The powder keeps it dry but doesn't get rid of it.
Any suggestions would be very welcome, thanks...Viragga

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need some advice for rash... new
      #313076 - 08/12/07 03:26 PM
Magi

Reged: 07/26/07
Loc: Gloucestershire, England

Really sorry to hear you're suffering! I know how hard it is to eat the right things when everyone around you is eating whatever takes their fancy... its not fair!!!
Your rash sounds like the kind babies get with nappy rash. Have you tried any creams specially for this type of rash. If they're kind enough to put on babies then they cant do us any harm!! Also if your rash is very itchy then you could try putting some oatmeal in a sock and soaking it. Use this as you would a flannel - its brilliant for soothing bad itchiness. I learnt this from a friend who has psoriasis (?) . It worked wonders when my kids and DH all got chicken pox at the same time. You can also just put it into your bath water and soak in it if the idea of applying it doesnt appeal. Good luck and I hope everything resolves itself soon.

#313080 - 08/12/07 04:22 PM
virag

Reged: 02/22/07
Loc: Florida

Well most of the baby ointments seem to be a kind of vaseline based formula with other ingredients. So far I haven't done too well with that however I think Desitin is a fish oil foundation and might give that one a try.

If I were to try and separate the cheeks up high where the crack starts, the area would probably split. It is very painful, burning and red.
Sure hope it helps..thanks, Viragga

#313102 - 08/13/07 06:41 AM
kimberste

Reged: 04/22/07

Have you tried anything for a yeast infection of the skin? Yeast rashes are usually bright red and don't get better with regular ointments. Try any anti fungal (lotrimin, monistat, etc). If it works, you can tell within a couple of days. My daughter used to get a rash like this in the diaper area and lotrimin would clear it right up.

The oatmeal in a sock or nylon is also a good idea. Put it in a bath and it helps to soothe, but won't get rid of the infection if it is yeast.

Hope this helps!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2291 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1447

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review