All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Is O'Soy cultured soy yogurt ok?
      #312977 - 08/10/07 09:24 AM
Springtime09

Reged: 07/30/06
Loc: East Coast

I have been using the O'Soy cultured soy yogurt for several days now. I mix it in with my oatmeal, then stir in the Acacia. It comes in Peach or Strawberry flavors and gives the oatmeal a nice flavor. Has anyone else tried this and if so does it agree with you? I have this every night and it takes away that plain taste of the oatmeal. Also can us IBS sufferers use a little sugar on our cereal, or is this a no-no...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Is O'Soy cultured soy yogurt ok? new
      #313001 - 08/10/07 06:36 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I have cultured soy yoghurt and I have no problems with it. I mix in cereal - I hate cereal with milk. I have tried quite a few varieties of soy yoghurt - my fav is Silk Live - but I have to drive 7 hours return to get it!! Whenever we travel I pack a bunch in a cooler to bring home.

Also, sugar is fine. It doesn't cause digestive problems as it is just sugar. I was told by my chronic pain dr. to use everything in moderation though!! Just because sugar doesn't bother me, don't eat it like it is going out of fashion as it is just calories leading to fat. (This from the man telling me to put on 15 lbs!)

At any rate, I think you're pretty safe.

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#313019 - 08/11/07 06:57 AM
Springtime09

Hi Cassandra, Thanks for the reply on soy yogart. Yes, I would rather have this in my cereal than milk too. I'm glad I found something that works..it's sometimes a guessing game and you never know until you use it. I see that you like to travel a lot. How do you manage this with all the symptoms of IBS? I think it's wonderful that you can do this. I would love to go places too, but I am too undependable to take a chance. Have a great weekend!

www.freewebs.com/angene/

#313055 - 08/12/07 08:27 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I do travel quite a bit now that you mention it! Hee hee - I feel like I'm always waiting to go on holiday! We do a lot of weekend road trips to the US - we're 40 minutes away from MN border and 3.5 hrs from Duluth. I pack myself peppermint tea bags, honey, SF snacks on every trip. When we get where we are going I usually hit a Cub Foods and pick up soy yoghurt, bananas and more snacks. We eat at restaurants I'm familiar with - breakfast / lunch can be toast, english muffins, toasted turkey sandwich (a club, NO BACON, no mayo), or a side order of potatoes - roasted, baked, etc. Dinner we usually find somewhere with crab or shrimp, I get really sick of chicken!! I have had absolutely aweful meals away from home where I have had to make multiple trips to the bathroom before we leave the restaurant, but usually it is because I haven't been specific enough to the server / chef. I have also had AMAZING dinners - the California Grill in DisneyWorld outdid themselves catering to me!! I was amazed - roasted chicken, chantral mushrooms, roasted new potatoes - mmmmmmmm.

I also always travel with immodium and gravol / dramamine. It's like American Express - don't leave home without it!
I've been lucky I guess too. But I won't let my IBS stop me from pretty much anything - traveling, working, riding my motorcycle, or just participating in life. I refuse to be a prisoner to my bowels!

I wish you all the luck in the world getting yourself more stable. It can take a long time - for me, this time around, almost 16 months now. But it does happen!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#313058 - 08/12/07 08:55 AM
Springtime09

Cassandra, Thanks for writing back. It sounds like you have things down "pat" when you travel. I think that is great. Maybe someday I will be able to do the same. Best of luck with your many adventures.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2877 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 705

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review