All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: BrendeeWendee new
      #313723 - 08/22/07 12:46 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I forget...do you take Natural Calm or Miralax or anything besides the Acacia? I know your scared to increase it...but I you never know. I increased to 4 tsp a day...and think I did better at a lower dose. I'll most likely stop it altogether. It doesn't seem to be helping that much, I don't think.

Does your doctor give you any help with what do to do help this IBS?

How is your first week of work going?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#313739 - 08/22/07 04:29 PM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

All I do is the Acacia powder, 1 teaspoon 2x a day. I also drink Fennel tea every night with the 2nd teaspoon of Acacia. I'll probably increase it by another 1/4 teaspoon next weekend which is a long weekend (Labor Day). I can't say that I follow the recipes in the book because a lot of the recipes I don't like or I'm allergic to. I have made some of the recipes and they were tasty. I have changed my diet to soy, vegan, etc.

The last time I saw my GI doc was on July 27, I think, and it's when he told me that all my symptons lead to IBS. He then gave me a "You Are Not Alone" pamphlet and pointed out this website to me. I've not spoken to him but I do have to call him and tell him how I feel since I've finished my medication for the Acid Reflux.

To tell you the truth, a lot of the unsafe foods are actually safe for me, or so I think. I'm brave on long weekends when I'll eat a bit of red meat or fry something up and it doesn't bother me. However, if I were to do that during the work week, my panic/anxiety/mentaldweebself will probably get sick 'cause I start putting it in my head that I shouldn't have done that and so on.

My first week of work is going the same way as it did before I took the 3 weeks off. Only this time I'm more knowledgable about this whole IBS thing. I still get weird/queasy in the mornings and by around 3ish PM I start "calming down" and then I'll attempt to eat my breakfast! Yeah, at 3 PM! My goals are to complete a full week, every week, and that means not leaving early 'cause I'm sick and not calling in 'cause I'm sick. If I could win the lottery, I'd call in rich.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#313749 - 08/22/07 06:45 PM
eyesofchina

Reged: 08/08/07
Loc: Chicago, IL.

I wish I could have a "normal week" too! I feel like a lazy ass cos im always calling off or complaining or leaving early and I know everyone at work hates me because I sit around all day but I dont mind because I know its not my fault. Thankfully my boss is very leinent (SP?) about calling off but I want to find a new GOOD job but pft how is that possible when I need to take a few days off out of nowhere every week? No one is going to deal with me being so unreliable. And how can I manage the stress of starting a new job when sometimes I cant manage the stress that goes with going to the one I already have!

Re: incomplete evacuation & pencil thin stools new
      #313777 - 08/23/07 06:55 AM
avjens

Reged: 09/13/05
Loc: Iowa

I am IBS - C and I have actually found less is more of the Acacia for me, I know that is strange as C'ers usually need more fiber than less but too much actually gave me more problems instead of good -- I am on just 1/2 tsp twice a day.

Maybe you guys are on to something new
      #313780 - 08/23/07 07:11 AM
Jordy

I think I may back off on it. How did you figure out more was bad for you? What level did you get to and what were your new symptoms that made you back off the dose amount?

--------------------

Re: Maybe you guys are on to something new
      #313781 - 08/23/07 07:17 AM
avjens

Reged: 09/13/05
Loc: Iowa

For me it was totally by accident --- I was running out of the Acacia (I was on about 1 or 2 Tablespoons per day) so I had to cut back or I would not make it until the next batch came in the mail so I was using a lot less and within about 3 days I noticed that my symptoms were improving not getting worst.

#313785 - 08/23/07 08:14 AM
Rio

Reged: 11/28/06

This is really interesting. I am IBS-C, pain predominant, and have a lot of pain with trapped gas, probably due to adhesions. When I first started the diet and Acacia, I felt much better. But I was slowly building up the Acacia, so only taking teaspoons. Now I'm taking about one and a half tablespoons daily (in three separate doses). At one point, I was taking 4 tablespoons, and reduced this as I thought it was making me gassy. Perhaps I need to cut down even more? I eat a fair amount of SF, anyway.

#313790 - 08/23/07 09:56 AM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

When I got to 3/4 teaspoonfuls of Acacia twice a day, I was having a BM everyday. When I upped it to 1 teaspoon 2x a day, I was having a BM every other day which is how it kind of was before I ever started any kind of diet, tea, powder, etc. (Actually, before I would go within 3 sometimes 4 days--I'm IBS C). I'm sticking to 1 teaspoon 2x a day for now.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#313839 - 08/24/07 07:15 AM
Rio

Reged: 11/28/06

Right - I'm going to cut right back to 1 teaspoon twice a day. I seem to be C all the time at the moment, so it can't make things worse!

Maybe this was a coincidence
      #313852 - 08/24/07 10:35 AM
Jordy

But I cut down from 4 tsp to 2 tsp a day and this morning I had a BM that was about a yard long! Can you say relief? How do you spell relief? BM!

I hope I didn't just jinx myself. It had to have been a coincidence, right?

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1262 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 28134

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review