All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Feeling Better
      #312026 - 07/26/07 11:33 AM
avjens

Reged: 09/13/05
Loc: Iowa

I am IBS-C --- I have had 4 normal days in a row! The first time in about 2 years. The only problem I am having is some bloating in the late afternoon and slight colon spasms but the fact that I am having normal BM's is a huge step in the right direction.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Feeling Better new
      #312066 - 07/26/07 07:46 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Congrats! WOOT! Maybe the bloating will go away after a while.

#312078 - 07/27/07 06:21 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

That's great. Hope it continues.

What are you eating/supplementing with to get to this point? You have come far from some of your earlier posts and I'm just wondering what you are doing now to feel this "normal".

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#312106 - 07/27/07 11:29 AM
Angel in Pain

Reged: 03/25/07

For my daughter sake, were is the pain from your colon spasma. She has pain on the right/left side of the lower part of her stomach and since I don't have IBS I can't really tell what the pain is from and she has down syndrome and can't really tell were the pain is really from. Do you take anything for your pain?
Thanks for the info,
eva

#312316 - 07/31/07 09:30 AM
avjens

I think there were two really big mistakes I was making -- 1. Taking too much acacia fiber and 2. not taking Heather's diet serious enough.

I personally do not have to watch my diet as close as some on this website, but I still have to think and be sensible (i.e. can handle some dairy and my own cooked beef)

I continued my probiotic and 2 tsp of acacia fiber per day. After talking to my dad he encouraged me to try coral calcium (eventhough I was scared to death of the calcium and what it does to people with C), ordered Heather's Fennel Tea for spasms and am much better about taking a digestive enzyme before meals (especially if I am out and about) or if it could be a questionable meal.

I cannot say for a fact that by doing all of the above is making my life better but at this point if I am better doing the above I do not want to change anything.

I did have a slight relapse yesterday, but due to my own fault (I did not pass up a taco salad that is deadly to my system).

Re: Spasms new
      #312317 - 07/31/07 09:34 AM
avjens

When I feel spasms it is usually on my lower left side (not too far up from where I would say your ovaries are -- if I know my anatomy??) My doctor has given me a prescription for the pain but I have never taken it -- I HATE medication. I just recently bought Heather's Fennel tea and have used that, it does help. I do not like the taste of fennel tea and put honey in with it to sweeten it up (honey may be a trigger for her though).

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2883 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1177

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review