All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Green Tea
      #311913 - 07/24/07 07:22 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I just tried iced green tea the other night and fell in love with it. It was such a light and refreshing drink. 4C makes an instant already made up in a can green tea. Now the tea I tasted had caffeine in it so I only took a couple of sips knowing that caffeine is a No No for us IBS'rs. I'm going to check out if 4C makes a decaffinated green tea. Has anyone had any trouble with decaf green tea? It's supposedly very good for you. Full of antioxidents and God knows we know we all need antioxidents to fight off cancer these days

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Green Tea new
      #311918 - 07/24/07 09:01 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Sounds good! I think some people are sensitive to the tannins in tea and feel it aggravates their IBS, but decaf green tea is not listed as a trigger under Heather's guidelines. She actually states in one of her newsletters (also under the 7 Deadly Sins of IBS) that "Decaffeinated black or green tea may be more tolerable." (Note that it is a trigger for people with acid reflux (upper digestive tract), which isn't necessarily related to IBS symptoms.)

So, I'd say enjoy it. I hope it works out for you! You could also try mixing it with other teas (like peppermint). I believe Heather has a recipe for peppermint-green tea.

Re: Ughhhhh new
      #311994 - 07/25/07 06:16 PM
LittleLisa

Not having any luck finding "Decaf Green Tea Mix". Some brands do carry it, however, I'm finding that they are trying to make it both Low Cal and decaf and they are adding Sucralose which I don't do well with! Artificial sweetners...a no no! I did some research on it and found that when you decaf it loses some of the antioxident benefit but that you just simply have to drink more of it to benefit which is fine...but I can't find any mixes. I guess I'll have to brew it with teabags (which I was trying to stay away from for convenience reasons). Lipton makes decaf green tea bags. Oh well, I do know that iced tea seems to be ok with me as I don't have any reflux issues so I'll let ya know how I make out with the green tea!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#312001 - 07/26/07 06:29 AM
rlhilliard

Reged: 08/05/05
Loc: Racine, WI

do you brew your own tea? Celestial Seasonings has a decaffeinated green tea that I like. No calories or anything like that.

I'm learning if you want to make iced tea that you make the tea stronger and then cool it off before putting it over ice. It might take a couple tries to get just the way you want...but worth a shot...?

--------------------
yep, it's me,
Rebecca

#312050 - 07/26/07 02:55 PM
LittleLisa

I do have a Mr. Coffee Iced Tea maker that I make regular iced tea in for my family. It's great cause it's done in about 10 minutes and it's iced cold. I'll have to experiment with the green tea bags and see how many I'll need to get the right taste. This green tea I had over the week end was a light, refreshing taste. It wasn't strong at all but it was a mix so I'm not sure how tea bags will work but I'm gonna give it a try. I just gotta get to the store and get some

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5745 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1000

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review