All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: DEPRESSED......I NEED TO GAIN WEIGHT. new
      #318498 - 11/13/07 09:23 AM

Unregistered

Would you mind giving me an idea of what you eat? If it helps, I'm IBS-D. Thank you!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#318500 - 11/13/07 09:31 AM
arthur

Reged: 11/13/07

Interesting...I have had my version of this weight loss...not as pronounced but not good either. What I did that helped me is walking, bicycling and weights. I also found that my tolerance for problem foods improved and my appetite increased.

Another thing... Just take it easy and worrying about it only makes it worse.

#318502 - 11/13/07 10:11 AM
abby6126

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Towson MD

Breakfast: Oatmeal plus 2 pieces of toast with either Toffuti, or Peanut Butter (i use better n' peanut butter, its low in fat and sodium. You can buy it at the health food store) Or I eat Cereal with Almond Milk, Bagels with Toffuti, Egg whites, home made bread

Lunch: Turkey/chicken sandwich, soup and rice, tuna sandwich, wraps, crackers with rice cheese or peanut butter. Pretzels, home made bread/muffins, cinnamon pita chips, Polenta.

Always an afternoon snack

Dinner: Chicken, Turkey, Potato, Rice, Pasta, Veggies (mushrooms, spinach, olives, tomoato, carrots, green beans) I can eat baked beans on occasion, Sushi, bread, Fish, toffu dishes. For dinner I make many of the dishes off of the site: Meatloaf, turkey burgers, the amazing macaroni and cheese!!! I make my own pizza using rice cheese, turkey peperoni and veggies. Supper yummy!

If you go to a health food store they carry lots of products that are dairy free and are healthy for IBS. They have serveral brownie or cookie mixes that you can add eggs of almond milk to it.

By eating food that are safe for my stomach it is helping me to eat a little more and also fully go to the bathroom.

Do you live close to a health food or organic store?

--------------------
Abby-IBS-C, Lactose Intolerant, fructose sensitive

#318508 - 11/13/07 11:26 AM

Unregistered

Thank you for your help. My diet is similar to yours (but I can't do tofu). We have a Whole Foods Co-Op nearby and they carry alot of safe alternative's to dairy there. With the exception of using Rice Dream in my oatmeal - I haven't had the nerve to try rice or soy cheese yet, is it really good? Cheese is one of the things I miss the most! I guess I'll have to break down and give it a try. I also have taken alot of recipes off the the boards, those really are a life-saver!!

#318515 - 11/13/07 12:11 PM
abby6126

Actually I love rice cheese. I buy the shredded mottzarella and use it ALL the time. I make mac and cheese and lasagna for my friends and family and they have no idea its made from rice!!! I make my own pizza and it tastes great! I also buy american and mottz sliced rice cheese to put on sandwiches, bagels or make cheese crakers. I can eat tofu but not too much soy, so I stay away from the soy milk, but I really enjoy the origninal almond milk. I also eat 1/2 of a luna bar each morning when I wake up. They have a lot of great flavors. I hope I have been somewhat helpful. Are you more stable with your IBS? Have you been able to put on any weight? I have to say that I just feel so much better and healthier putting on a little weight.

--------------------

#318517 - 11/13/07 12:40 PM

Unregistered

I'm starting to stablize...haven't had a D attack in almost 3 weeks! Just bloating and occassional C but I'll take it! I haven't weighed myself lately but I can tell by the way my clothes are fitting that I still haven't gained any. I will try your suggestion on the rice cheese, thanks a million Abby you've been so much help

#318525 - 11/13/07 04:13 PM
abby6126

Anytime..if you ever want to talk or compare notes, i'm here. You can always email me at abby_finestine@yahoo.com

--------------------

"You're too skinny" comments are just as offensive as "you're fat" comments new
      #318526 - 11/13/07 04:22 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

I am 5'7 and 105 pounds. I gave up trying to gain weight. Right now I just worry about a pain free lifestyle and if that means being skinny-so be it! Whenever I try to eat starchy/high calorie foods-I get C. The h*ll with everyone who says I'm too skinny, that I should put some meat on my bones and etc. It insults me! It is just as offensive as if someone was telling me that I am too fat and need to eat less!

I share your pain.
Tatyana.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

#318544 - 11/13/07 06:48 PM
Laura Renee

Reged: 05/17/07

I have heard the exercise and lifting advice a couple of times. I used to be afraid that if I exercised, I'd burn more calories, lose more weight, and feel even worse. I think I have flawed thinking. I'm going to join a gym and get serious. At a minimum, I think it will increase my appetite, help me to sleep better, and just feel better in general. Even if I am too skinny

Re: "You're too skinny" comments are just as offensive as "you're fat" comments new
      #318547 - 11/13/07 06:52 PM
Laura Renee

Reged: 05/17/07

THANK YOU!! I could not agree more. Someone at work asked me the other day if I knew "crack" Nancy. She is this gal that is very thin and muscular. I looked at the person and said, "HEY! I resemble that comment." They of course then felt bad, but I hardly want people to think I'm doing drugs. I have told people before that it is hurtful when they ask me why I'm so thin. Like they would ask someone why they are so fat. I just don't think people really get it. Anyway, thank you. You made my day. I too want a pain free life

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3400 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17021

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review