All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: One more thing... new
      #311495 - 07/18/07 12:02 PM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

Can you get Miralax over there? It is a stool softener that works wonders. I use a capful mixed with a glass of water and cranberry juice each night. Since using I've had a bm every morning. It's not like a regular laxative and is very mild.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: NOT ALLOWED TO FOLLOW HEATHER'S DIET so need help... new
      #311562 - 07/18/07 08:40 PM
yowwza

Reged: 06/27/07

You can drink the fennel and mint teas, and the acacia fiber, and I have found Miralax to be a great relief for C. It is not a stimulant laxative, but works more like a very efficient stool softener that allows the bowel to move better on its own.

Re: One more thing... new
      #311563 - 07/19/07 01:24 AM
Natalia82

Reged: 03/22/07
Loc: Holland

Dont start too soon with brown rice! First start adding some vegetables and if that isnt enough, then switch to half white half brown. Though brown rice is one of the products us IBS-C can have quite well it is still IF and you need to be sure you can handle that. Since having vegetables in your diet is of course very important i would rather start adding in those before switching to brown rice and other sorts.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5077 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2638

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review