All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
general malaise
      #311375 - 07/17/07 07:56 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

What do you do to get over the horrible weak feeling after D or some other bout? Saturday I had D for no apparent reason and was sick on my back until late Sunday afternoon. Now today I am icky again with minor D for some reason and no energy and a yucky general malaise. I would hate to actually add up all the down time I have. At least I am energetic when feeling ok.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: general malaise new
      #311379 - 07/17/07 08:23 AM
Jennifer67

Reged: 07/06/07
Loc: Maine

I am so sorry you have had such a time. I tend to make toast, drink tea, take a bath, take a nap (not much since our baby was born). I stay away from anything too hot or too cold. I know after my "D" days, I feel like I have been kicked in the stomach...I will take a heating pad and place it on my tummy.

--------------------
IBS-D, stay at home mom of a beautiful daughter...

#311387 - 07/17/07 09:07 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Ah, malaise is the word I usually use to describe how I feel when things with my tummy aren't going well. It's not terrible pain usually...just a general feeling of malaise. Hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#311392 - 07/17/07 10:37 AM
tiredofpain

Reged: 11/25/06

I am a Cer, but when I have a bad day, I try to relax. I put on my most comfortable clothes but I am usually extremely bloated and in pain and I lay down and relax with a heating pad on my belly. Hot baths help me relax also. It helps me to focus on something other than the pain and discomfort. My sympathies to you; I had a few bad days a few days ago. It is awful!

#311418 - 07/17/07 06:11 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Happens to me all the time. One of my theories is that after a bad bout of diarrhea, you are left dehydrated and your stomach in a volatile situation. The best things I do are: sip strong peppermint tea (or any that's best for you) and lots of water (not ice cold). Focus on rehydration. Also, that weak feeling - it's the worst. I try some relaxing yoga poses, and some meditation. Nice heating pad and a warm bath never hurt either. Basically, do whatever you can think of to relax and pamper yourself. Give yourself a break, and hope for the best.
Luv ya! A.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

eck new
      #311538 - 07/18/07 05:46 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I just wish there was a shot or med that would make you feel normal and energetic again! Like on Star Trek. If I wake up and don't feel up, chipper and wanting to exercise I end up sick within the day and then I am loagie for a day or two. I do like catching up on rest but I am not an idle person in general and can only watch so many cooking and decorating shows!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 984 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1794

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review