All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Quality of life among women with IBS -- online survey
      #311319 - 07/16/07 01:18 PM
bee4256

Reged: 07/13/07
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Would you like to help researchers better understand IBS and its effect on your quality of life? If so, please read below for information on how you can help by participating in my master's thesis study being conducted at the University of Windsor.

My name is Sabrina Voci and I am a graduate student at the University of Windsor. My master's thesis project is exploring factors that may be related to quality of life and well-being among women with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). IBS is very common among women and because there are few effective treatment options, symptoms can negatively impact quality of life. It is my hope that my study will help gain a better understanding of factors that are associated with improved quality of life among women with IBS.

Participation in this study involves completing an online survey, found at www.uwindsor.ca/healthsurvey . Log in using the group username health and the password june2007.

As a token of appreciation for you help you will be invited to enter a draw for 1 of 5 gift certificates (25 CAD, 23 USD, 18 EUR, 12 GBP) for Amazon or Chapters Indigo bookstores.

For more information, please contact Sabrina Voci at health@uwindsor.ca or Dr. Ken Cramer at kcramer@uwindsor.ca. This research has been approved by the University of Windsor Research Ethics Board.

** Please pass on the survey website address to any women you know who are eligible for participation in this study **

Thank you for your help!

--------------------
IBS dx -- 1998

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

confusing intro new
      #311383 - 07/17/07 08:26 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Has anyone figured this out? I just couldn't find how to get a username and password to take the survey.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Username/Password new
      #311384 - 07/17/07 08:53 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

The username and password were given in the original message as username health and the password june2007.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: Username/Password new
      #311539 - 07/18/07 05:47 PM
Little Minnie

oh thanks. I obviously didn't read it well. But then that was a sick day.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Help with online survey new
      #311999 - 07/25/07 11:42 PM
bee4256

Thanks for filling out my survey, even on a sick day!

Thanks so much to those who have taken the time to help out with my study, I really appreciate your time and help...I'm still looking for more women to fill out my survey, please pass on the link to any women you know who are eligible : )
Thank you!

--------------------
IBS dx -- 1998

#312061 - 07/26/07 05:52 PM
Little Minnie

I was happy to fill it out. It took less than 15 minutes(?) I didn't like the section on work. It was redundant and annoying. I think more could have been asked on the following section about the actual bowel issues. That is just my comment- no big deal!

--------------------

Re: Online IBS survey - signing back in to complete survey new
      #312328 - 07/31/07 12:55 PM
bee4256

I just wanted to note that there was a technical issue with signing back into the survey that has been resolved for anyone who might have started the survey and had trouble signing back in.

Still looking for more women to fill out my survey!

--------------------
IBS dx -- 1998

#312332 - 07/31/07 01:55 PM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Oh good. I'll try again. I started it on Friday but then I had to do something at work and by the time I got back, my session had ended and I couldn't seem to get back to where I left off.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#312387 - 08/01/07 12:48 PM
IBSHell

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Connecticut

I urge everyone to do this survey. So very little attention has been given to IBS both in terms of research and education. Anything that we can do to change that, we should.

Re: I did it....hopefully it helps you! -nt- new
      #312407 - 08/01/07 03:13 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Quality of life among women with IBS -- online survey new
      #312419 - 08/01/07 06:37 PM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

How do I continue where I left off? When I started the survey on Friday last week, I was on page 7 and couldn't save or continue because the session had timed out. I had also created a password in the beginning and that's not working now. I hate to have to start all over again.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#312429 - 08/01/07 10:32 PM
bee4256

Thank you! : )

Thank you LittleLisa as well!

--------------------
IBS dx -- 1998

#312459 - 08/02/07 11:00 AM
GeorgiaGal

Reged: 06/11/07
Loc: Georgia

I just completed it...Hope they will post the findings here.

--------------------
We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. -William Gladstone

#312783 - 08/08/07 02:49 AM
bee4256

I'll make sure to post the findings in the fall...thanks GeorgiaGal : )

--------------------
IBS dx -- 1998

#313020 - 08/11/07 07:31 AM
Springtime09

Reged: 07/30/06
Loc: East Coast

I tried to sign in to take the survey, but it wouldn't accept my userid or password. I tried several and none of them were accepted.

#313023 - 08/11/07 08:24 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

I just tried and I could log in. The username and password are given in the original message as

"Log in using the group username health and the password june2007."

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#313056 - 08/12/07 08:48 AM
Springtime09

I agree. The first 4 pages had nothing at all to do with IBS. I don't know what the rest of them were asking, because I quit after the 4th page. If someone can tell me that further along, they asked about IBS, then I will go back and finish. Thanks

#313088 - 08/12/07 06:53 PM
bee4256

I'm sorry you quit after the 4th page, page 5 is a questionnaire that was developed to specifically assess quality of life among individuals with IBS (developed at the UNC Center for Functional GI and Motility Disorders). Page 7 also includes another validated IBS questionnaire and additional questions about IBS and health. The remaining pages assess psychosocial factors that I am looking at that are hypothesized in the research literature to be related to IBS....many of them have been found to be related to other health conditions (e.g., arthritis, coronary heart disease).
I am happy to answer any questions anyone has about the survey. I have had IBS for almost 10 years now and I know many other women who have it, and so I am very well-acquainted with it's impact on quality of life.
Take care.

--------------------
IBS dx -- 1998

Edited by bee4256 (08/12/07 06:53 PM)

#313182 - 08/14/07 06:44 AM
Springtime09

Thanks for the information regarding the survey for IBS. I went back and finished the final pages. Will there be a follow up for this survey or information learned from doing this? If so, will it be published on this website?

#313804 - 08/23/07 01:23 PM
bee4256

Thanks Starburst for finishing the survey. I'll be posting a short report of the findings on the survey website by December...I'll post the link on this website as well.

--------------------
IBS dx -- 1998

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4575 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3999

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review