All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
nausea
      #311293 - 07/16/07 09:59 AM
monfetter

Reged: 07/15/07
Loc: iowa

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for nausea- I searched the posts and keep coming up with things on pregnancy but nothing directly related to someone who is dealing with nausea alone? I'm looking for a quicker fix then peppermint tea for when it gets really bad.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: nausea new
      #311299 - 07/16/07 10:38 AM
cejay

Reged: 08/27/06

I have GERd and gastritis also which means I have nasuea a lot. I have found something called Pregger Pops that helps. It is made for pregnant people but it helps. They are small lollipops with ginger in them. I think they make have hard candy but I have not founf it at my local health food store. They are fairly inexpensive and work for me. My nausea can be really bad at times. Otherwise a tea with ginger works.

#311303 - 07/16/07 11:35 AM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

Babies R Us is supposed to carry the pops as well. I've used the hard candy that some of the expecting mothers gave me at work. It did help. Chewing on ginger candies is also supposed to help.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

#311349 - 07/16/07 05:35 PM
kimberste

Reged: 04/22/07

When I have an attack (IBS-D) my nausea is awful, so I have a perscription for Phenergan to take as needed. I only take it about 1-2 times a month - it makes me sleepy, and I can't drive when I take it, but it works within 15-20 minutes. For more mild nausea, I drink the peppermint tea or pop a couple of Altoid mints and swallow them like pills.

Hope you feel better.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 905 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 686

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review