All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Why does it still hurt?
      #310505 - 07/05/07 02:05 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Hi I had a attack last sunday and I usulley have one and then in a couple of days I'm ok again this time no so good I still done't feel good and I don't know why? I just feel like another one could come on at any minute and its worse of a moring. I have stuck with no if for the last couple of days. I don't know if it was something I ate or my hormones ( my ibs acts up when I ovulate and my period.) anyway I just can't shake this and I don't know why and suggestions? Oh ya I am afaid of adding any new if afraid of what this happening again. What do I do? thanks
emmasmom
ibs-c

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Why does it still hurt? ANYONE!! PLEASE?? new
      #310594 - 07/06/07 09:17 AM
emmasmom

Re: Why does it still hurt? ANYONE!! PLEASE?? new
      #310595 - 07/06/07 09:36 AM
yowwza

Reged: 06/27/07

I'm so sorry.
I really don't know. All I know is that when I have an attack like this that won't quit, my emergency plan is to go and spend the damn $$$ on a colonic then I fast on juices for 2-3 days and get as much rest as I can. I hate doing all of that, and I can't afford it, but the relief is immediate.

Re: Why does it still hurt? new
      #310596 - 07/06/07 09:37 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

I always find that when I have a flare-up that I can get it under control if I go back to my base diet of oatmeal, chicken breast, white rice and boiled carrots. I usually stablize within 2 days or so. If I don't do this then I find that I am merely guessing at what caused the flare-up. I have learned that frequently my guesses are wrong.

Good luck

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#310597 - 07/06/07 09:40 AM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

I'm not sure what happened there. I recently had a similar experience. Got way worse stomach pain than I usually get and it stayed for hours and then although it wasn't that bad luckily the pain didn't go away completely until after a couple of days. I'm not sure what it was. But my bowels were unusually slow afterwards so I decreased my stopping meds but now I am back to normal dose after almost 2 weeks. Anyway, for me this happened before I am supposed to get my period but then the period was late, and I have noticed this before - that I tend to get slower bowels before the period but even more so when the period is a few days late. In my case I have also had an ovarian cyst back in -99 and I got similar symptoms then so I thought I'd call and ask if they think it's necessary to have a checkup just to see that I don't have another one of those.

Hope you'll feel better soon, and if you're worried and the symptoms don't go away or if they feel different then run it by your doctor just in case.

/Ulrika, IBS-D

#310652 - 07/07/07 07:12 AM
meimei

Reged: 12/02/06
Loc: Chicago

I truly understand and sympathize with your frustration! The mystery of what is causing the pain is so elusive, and all the while...we are HURTING! My method (for all this madness) when my tummy really won't cooperate is to eat rice, rice cereals, fat-free saltines, rice milk, and decaf tea (peppermint and green). I find myself going back to the "rice" diet a lot these days. I feel that my tummy is different everyday of the month, worse at ovulation and period times. I think we have allergies/sensitivities to many things that we never know about. I have been tested for allergies and I was allergic to sooo many things, as I guess most people are.

Maybe if you kept a diary that coincided with your monthly cycle for a few months, listing all the foods you ate, how you felt, and what number day you were on. I am going to try that myself. I know my tummy is more sensitive at those "girly" times. I am hoping I will be able to plan for some of the bad days in advance.

Good luck...I hope this helped.

MeiMei

THANK YOU ALL FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP ME! XXXX new
      #310784 - 07/09/07 02:25 PM
emmasmom

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3071 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1516

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review