All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
does anyone have advice on replacing caffeine?
      #310230 - 07/01/07 01:10 PM
yowwza

Reged: 06/27/07

Does anyone else have a HUGE problem eliminating coffee? I am chronically sleep-deprived (between my husband's night-time teaching, the kids' really early mornings-I get 5-6 hrs sleep and any daytime naps leave me cranky and grogged out) and chronically fatigued. This aching fatigue is constant, and has been increasing since I was a teen, and may be caused by malabsorption of nutrients as well as stress. Exercise used to make it better, but now makes it much worse.

I cannot even sit up in the morning until midway through my second cuppa joe, and by 1:00pm I'm falling asleep wherever I happen to be (sometimes behind the wheel of the car!).

So, at about 2pm I need another large coffee with a shot of espresso added, whether I feel like it or not, just to get through the evening (I have 5 kids). If I have had a workout-the exhaustion gets trippled! I'm often in bed by 4:00pm wiped out. Coffee also reduces my hunger, (which is stress induced rather than nutrition-based) which causes overeating in the late afternoon/evenings and contributes to the great pm bloat.

So how will I get through any part of the day w/o caffeine? I know, I'm a real mess, but I'm trying to disentangle it strand by strand. Does anyone have any info?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: does anyone have advice on replacing caffeine? new
      #310240 - 07/01/07 09:14 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Have you ever tried hypnotherapy? A half hour of hypnotherapy is equivalent to 2 hours of restful sleep. Of course, you can't go on all hypno. You need those REM cycles. You might try using hypno CDs when you go to bed for some added rest. It doesn't matter what kind of hypno. Just be sure that whoevers' recording your listening to is qualified.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4861 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1001

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review