All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Adjusting to fiber
      #310178 - 06/29/07 04:31 PM
vickieinalabama

Reged: 05/02/07

I had to stop the fiber for a while, just couldn't take the bloating and gassiness any longer...I took the fiber everyday, 3 times a day for 2 months...had a BM everyday, sometimes more than once a day which was great, but the bloating and gas never got better, I think probably because I had to take so much in order for it to work...I'm trying just the Align...have had no fiber for about 3 or 4 days now, still had a BM each day, not quite as soft , I may eventually have to start again, but I really hoped my body would adjust somehow to the fiber....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Have you tried different types of fiber? nt new
      #310218 - 06/30/07 07:30 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: Have you tried different types of fiber? nt new
      #310228 - 07/01/07 07:01 AM
vickieinalabama

I started with Citricel, then used the Tummy Fiber and also tried Fibersure I believe it was, they all helped with the constipation, but in order to work I would have to take at least 18grams a day,which in turn caused the gas and bloating which never got better..I hoped after 2 or 3 months my body would somehow adjust to the fiber, but it just didn't seem to...and even though I was having a regular BM everyday, they were not what I would consider a substantial one, some where actually small BM's (sorry to be so graphic). I'm trying the Align now, which I've been taking for about 3 weeks now, this last week by itself, no fiber...I'm hoping this will help..

#310236 - 07/01/07 06:37 PM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

What kind of fiber were you taking? I cannot tolerate fiber that is not all SF, I take citrucel caplets and Heather's tummy fiber, It took me little less then a year to get used to the acacia, and several times I was going to quit, but didn't. The best part of the acacia is I mix it in my bottled water and will drink it throughout the day, that way I'm getting a steady stream of fiber and not taking gobbs all at once 3x a day.....hope this helps IF did cause gas and bloating for me...

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

#310328 - 07/02/07 06:30 PM
vickieinalabama

I was using at first the Citrucel powder mixed with water, I should mention that I have always been C for as long as I can remember, and have tried using fiber on and off for years, but would finally give up when I couldn't tolerate the bloating any longer. I had lower back surgery about 3 months ago and that seemed to make the C worse,or maybe it got worse because I was afraid to strain That's when I really started using the fiber everyday...the tummy fiber and the fibersure (I think it was fibersure)worked great as far as having a BM everyday, but after 3months I've given up again..I hate feeling like I've just eaten a ton of broccoli all day long...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4473 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1077

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review