All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Natural Calm
      #309917 - 06/26/07 03:35 PM
pts79

Reged: 10/31/06
Loc: Oklahoma

I had read on here that people were taking Natural Calm and that it worked really well, so I went out and bought it. It's not working so well for me, at least so far. It's been a week. People were saying if they took it at night that by morning they would have a BM. The first night I took it, all it did was make my stomach rumble and roll all night long, kind of the way laxatives do, at least for me. I really thought that meant it was going to work, but it didn't. It was still 3 days before I went. I kept on taking it every night and upped it after the first night to nearly 2 tsp, but still nothing. It still took 4 days to have a BM. This is on top of continuing with Walgreen's fiber that the information on this site said to use, which I have been for months now at 2 tsp twice a day. Have any of you Natural Calm users had this happen? and did it just take time to take better effect or what?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Natural Calm new
      #309928 - 06/26/07 04:51 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

The fibre supplement that's really promoted here is Acacia. The one from Walgreen's, Benefibre, Fibrecon, etc. are other soluble fibers that users on here decided to take.
How is the rest of your diet? Are you getting enough IF?

#309935 - 06/26/07 05:28 PM
pts79

Reged: 10/31/06
Loc: Oklahoma

I appreciate your post. Yes, I believe I'm getting enough IF. I've been reading the books The First Year and Eating for IBS, as well as reading what other people are saying on this site. Since this is all new to me, I'm trying to start cheaper and easier, which is the reason for Walgreen's fiber powder instead of Acacia. Walgreen's is right here in my town so I don't have to order anything and pay shipping costs. So far, it's helped so I'm sticking with it for a while. Possibly upping the dose might be helpful, I don't know. So far, I'm still in the trial and error stage. But my question is about Natural Calm and whether others have had the same problem with it not working as expected and whether waiting it out and staying on it for a while worked.

#310088 - 06/28/07 02:24 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

At one point, I had to take 1 heaping tablespoon every night in order to "go" the next morning (I'm now down to just 1 teaspoon). Don't be afraid to start high and then decrease as you add more IF to your diet. The NC isn't going to hurt you at all!

Good luck!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 497 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 676

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review