All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Digestive Advantage Organized Poll
      #309821 - 06/25/07 04:55 PM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

This topic has come up way too many in the past.
I know myself and others, one of the reasons why search sometimes doesn't work is it can be overwhelming and lack synchronicity.
I'd like to make a thread, and have people who have taken Digestive Advantage simply answer the questions.
I feel because so many of us have questions it's best to have a single thread dedicated to organizing all your experiences; this should help everybody.

1) Did you take it?
To what degree did you symptoms improve?
-Signifcantly; Moderately; Little to none; Worse; Much worse

2) What were your symptoms?
-D,C,Bloating, Gas, A?

3) How long did you take it?
-How long before you noticed improvement or worsensing, if that occured?

4) What else did you take during this time which may have influenced?

5) Are you still on DA; and if not why?

Thanks.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Digestive Advantage Organized Poll new
      #309856 - 06/26/07 05:11 AM
chitchat1

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Michigan

I took DA for IBS. I was constipated and had alot of pain when I ate anything (it seemed). The DA really helped with the constipation. I didn't take anything else and I took DA for about 10months. I did find I had lots and lots of gas and bloating to where my stomach would swell and be as hard as a rock, this would disappear overnight but then start up again as soon as I ate anything. My tummy was always a bit swollen even when I woke up. I stopped taking DA when I started on Heathers Acacia and my tummy went straight back to being flat -OMG, I was amazed. I did a little experiment and started taking DA again and found that it was definately the DA casuing the bloating and gas. Without the DA I couldn't have a properBM but have now managed through foods and supplements to get that stable. I no longer take DA and infact threw them out, for me they were terrible and caused alot more problems than they cured.

#309877 - 06/26/07 08:25 AM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

Thanks.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#309880 - 06/26/07 08:51 AM
melinda413

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Findlay, OH

I started taking DA about 7 weeks ago at the same time that I started on the acacia fiber. I have found that I am a lot better taking both. My main symptoms were pain gas and bloating, also alternating C/A. The problem is that I have no idea which one is helping me! I had been on Zelnorm and stopped taking it abruptly when I had to, so I had about 3-4 weeks of pure hell. After about 2 weeks on both I started to feel a lot better.
I did have bloating and gas at first but I dont know if that is because of the attacks I had just come off of or because of the meds. Now, for the most part I have gas occasionally. I am afraid to go off of the DA because I dont know if that is the one that is helping me. I am thinking of going off of it just to see.

--------------------
Melinda
IBS-A but leans toward C mostly

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2026 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 771

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review