All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Spastic colon
      #309679 - 06/24/07 08:42 AM
cjh

Reged: 01/27/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

I need some help. I've tried alot of things and nothing seems to be helping me. I've got a spastic colon right now and for the past 6 weeks. It interrupts my sleep and as my husband said yesterday, I have no sleeping pattern. I have to take naps to get enough sleep in.

To add to my problems, I have involuntary arm and leg movements when I try to sleep (only at night, not during naps); so much so that I get up and play mindless computer games to keep me on the sleepy side so that when it calms down, I can go back to sleep. I've taken calcium/magnesium, plain magnesium, acupuncture, valium, and quinine (tonic water - flat so I don't get the carbonated water). Nothing helps. The feelings of jerkiness come from my upper arms and thighs on the ouside. Nobody can figure it out. Is there a connection or two different problems? Any suggestions?
Thanks
Carol

--------------------
I AM WOMAN. I AM INVICIBLE. I'M TIRED.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Spastic colon new
      #309681 - 06/24/07 09:09 AM
cecil

Reged: 06/24/07

It sounds like you may have restless leg syndrom. Ask your doctor about it. Requip has helped me tremendously. I know it's been used for Parkinson's disease, but it's also prescribed for RLS. My restless legs are no longer restless. Hope this helps you. Cec

RLS ?? new
      #309682 - 06/24/07 09:11 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Spastic colon is an old name for IBS. Has your doctor diagnosed you as having IBS by ruling out other things?

The involuntary arm and leg movements when you try to sleep sounds like it might restless leg syndrome (RLS). You might talk to you doctor about it.

I don't believe there is a relationship between IBS and RLS.

Good luck

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: RLS ?? new
      #309756 - 06/25/07 04:16 AM
cjh

I have been diagnosed with IBS, but sometimes the IBS is just regular and different than the constant pain I'm suffering now and for the last 6 weeks. I've also been diagnosed with RLS which has also been flaring badly for the last 6 weeks. Since the onset of both arrived around the same time, I was wondering if there was a correlation. I take all the supplements listed on the forum and nothing is helping. My sleep deprivation is really bad right now. I'm out of things to try. One thing I might try right now is the peppermint caps b/c I didn't realize they were for pain, also. But that stuff comes back at me so bad that I sometimes wonder if it works at all. Peppermint of any kind usually does more harm than good.

--------------------

Re: Spastic colon new
      #309757 - 06/25/07 04:18 AM
cjh

I've been diagnosed with RLS and have Requip, but after taking it for a few weeks, found it didn't help me at all. I'm out of things to try.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2299 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1450

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review