Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS on again, off again... no idea why
      #309543 - 06/21/07 03:22 PM
Jules1963

Reged: 06/21/07
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hello:
I am new to the forum, and I was wondering if you can help me. Diagnosed approx. 13 years ago. My IBS can come on very strong, feeling perfectly fine one day, and next day in severe discomfort with all the symptoms. It can stay for months and months, and then stops just as suddenly. It is not related to stess, and I am at a loss for what could trigger it so suddenly. Most people I talk to seem to have their IBS all the time...does anyone else have a history similar to mine? Thank-you

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS on again, off again... no idea why new
      #309567 - 06/21/07 07:37 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Mine is pretty constant if I don't take measures to stay stable, but I have heard from a number of people whose IBS comes and goes. I think it's pretty common. The best way I've found to handle this is to strictly follow a regime that keeps you stable regardless of whether you're "on again" or "off again."

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: IBS on again, off again... no idea why new
      #309576 - 06/22/07 04:47 AM
she26

Reged: 06/06/07

Hi,
Yes, that is exactly how I get it. However, if I think hard I can usually find something that may jhave triggered it. And sometimes it is something so small, say some chocolate. and maybe the next day a few olives and then wham three days later ... I have been very well for the past two years following this diet. And when it does act up I can pretty much get it under control. However, right now I've been it an episode for the past two monthes and I can't seem to get things right. I truly understand your frustration because at times I really can't figure out why I cant get rid of it and why everything I eat, triggers it. All I can say is stick religously to the diet and eventually it will be gone.

Welcome to the club! new
      #309664 - 06/23/07 08:48 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

IBS can wax and wane. Mine certainly does - one day I'll be perfectly fine and the next I'm in terrible pain. Sometime the cycles can go on for months were I'm fine, and then a stretch of time where I'm in trouble.
No rhyme or reason.
Some find that PMS, heat and humidity, can also be factors. Track your food with a food journal and see if there's any patterns or triggers, as well.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2820 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 618

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review