All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Safe Snacks
      #308747 - 06/07/07 12:26 PM
Nar

Reged: 04/12/06
Loc: New York

Any suggestions on safe snacks? I live for snacking all day so I eat smaller meals and keep my digestive system working but I usually eat granola bars, pretzels, chips ,etc and now that I've started Heather's Diet I am unsure what is safe to snack on.

I know chips are out now, but are their any granola bars that are safe? Any suggestions on some safe snack floods?

--------------------
-Melissa=)
New York, NY

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Safe Snacks new
      #308748 - 06/07/07 01:23 PM
sarah123

Reged: 06/19/06
Loc: canada

I like to snack on organic unsweetened applesauce,lays baked plain chips,baked tostitos and humpty dumpty salsa,pretzels,luna bars,sorbet,tofutti cuties,bananas,baked breads,there is plenty of safe things to snack on you just have to find safe stuff you like and see if it agrees with you.When I first started Heather's diet my snacks were limited because I was afraid to try even the safe stuff.But I found out that life can be so much more yummier if you just try some new things.Hope that helped a little.Oh reciently I found a recipe on here that is really good and safe it's black bean brownies and they are a big hit at my house with my 3 year old and myself.

Good luck

#308753 - 06/07/07 02:32 PM
bdcanfield

Reged: 03/02/05
Loc: Carlisle, Pa USA

Do a search on the boards for safe snacks -- this has been mentioned numerous times.

--------------------
Smile and the world smiles back

#308821 - 06/08/07 07:03 PM
Nar

Reged: 04/12/06
Loc: New York

thank you for your input, I've been snacking on tostitos but I didn't think chips were safe.

--------------------
-Melissa=)
New York, NY

Re: Chips new
      #308826 - 06/08/07 07:19 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

If you can get baked chips you will notice a significant difference in the grams of fat per serving. I treat myself to fat free Pringles every time we get to the US (not available here). Lays makes baked chips too, as do some independent manufacturers. I see them here at the HFS.

Also - graham crackers are awesome to snack on, soy yoghurt, rice crackers / cakes, and saltines with peanut butter for a little protein. Oh, and Minute Maid makes frozen lemonade bars - mmmmmmm - I discovered them at DisneyWorld - I'm hooked!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#308827 - 06/08/07 09:07 PM
Calli66

Reged: 04/11/07
Loc: New Mexico USA

I love Blue Diamond brand "Nut-Thins"--rice & nut cracker snacks. They don't have flour in them (sponsors of the Celiac Foundation) and are really tasty and crisp. Not too high in fat, and taste salty, which I like--but aren't all that high in sodium either. I buy them at HFS, and they come in different nut flavors.

C

Re: Chips new
      #308832 - 06/09/07 06:41 AM
meimei

Reged: 12/02/06
Loc: Chicago

Watch out for some fat-free chips!! Some have a "fake" fat substance that adds no fat grams, but can really irritate and trigger IBS. It is called Olestra (SP??). It may be called other names too, I don't know...so be careful!

#308834 - 06/09/07 07:20 AM
JBMills

Reged: 04/22/07
Loc: Fresno, CA

ok you made my mouth water when you mentioned black bean brownies !!! But I cant seem to find the recipe. The number one thing Im missing since I started the diet is chocolate. Can you please point me in the right direction?

#308920 - 06/12/07 06:55 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I like big soft pretzels with cimmon and sugar my daughter loves them with honey. Angel food cake is good and theres always pretzels if you have a sams near by try pretzel crips there a pretzel only flat like a chip there good. Hope this helps
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas gas

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 376 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1903

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review