All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Had to see New Doctor
      #308591 - 06/05/07 11:22 AM
Angel in Pain

Reged: 03/25/07

I had to take my Daughter to a new doctor because of her insurance. He was ok but I could tell he knew nothing about IBS. For one thing he said that it was ok for her to eat a little red meat?????? My Question to y'all is ..
He recomended for her to use Mira Lax and Beano everyday.
Should I use one or the other and have any of you used both or the other and give me infor on how it help or did not help you. I can only ask y'all for help since it's not me that's hurting and I don't know what symptoms your going throught. I have started her on the IBS diet since about mid March and it has helped and she on the benifiber twice daily I tried the acacia for a while but she seemed to be in more paid that what she did with the benifiber. Also she has been on the fennel tea and other herbal teas which she is now use to drinking which took a while because before she only drink sodas. She still has pain now & than and I'm not sure from what it's from since it her that's hurting and not me I'm not sure when she tells me she hurting if it just started or if she been hurting and she just now telling me because it's worse. She has downsyndrome so sometimes it's hard for me to tell sometime how she really feeling. I do wish I could find something that would get rid of the pain though. There are also times that I'm not sure if she moved her bowels because I can't catch her all the times. When I don't think she has gone in a day or two I usually give her a stool softner. Y'all have helped me a lot just in reading some of your answers and question and she is doing so much better than before I just guess it was me instead of her so I wouldn't have to guess. Thanks in advance for all of your input they have really helped me.
Eva, mother of angel in pain

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Had to see New Doctor new
      #308600 - 06/05/07 12:40 PM
IBSHell

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Connecticut

I'm sorry no one has replied yet. I'm rather new to this whole diet and I tend to alternate between D and C but I never get to the point of where I'm not going for more than a day. I have no advice on that front. But I wanted to commend you for your efforts. I have a brother with downs and know all to well the communication problems as well as other health issues that can be of concern. I'm sure people that deal with C will speak up with help soon. If not, search for other postings that might be helpful. Best wishes.

#308603 - 06/05/07 01:34 PM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

My doctor has me taking the Miralax every day. I take a capful at night with water and a bit of cranberry juice. I do have a BM every morning. I'm still in pain, not as bad as it was but usually a few hours after the bm the pain subsides. It doesn't hurt to go anymore, just stomach cramps. He has suggested I break up the dose throughout the day and that is supposed to help with gas. I hope this helps.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

#308605 - 06/05/07 01:54 PM
TeresaLouise

Reged: 11/29/06

Hi,
Most likely you have done this already, but just checking to see if you've had your daughter checked for celiac disease. I know that is very common in children with Down Syndrome. My neice has down syndrome and was found to have celiac disease through a blood test. Something good to rule out. I know when she eats something with gluten in it, she gets a bad tummyache.

#308612 - 06/05/07 03:19 PM
Angel in Pain

Reged: 03/25/07

Thanks for your support and answers.
She was Tested by a New GI because of the Dr. Change and he tested her twice for Celiac Disease. Both Times he told me that she border line because only 1 out of the 3 test came out High. But when I told him to sent a copy of the test results and sent he a reply as to what he told me over the phone All he wrote back was Her name DOB Has Celiac Disease no further treatment needed. And when I took her to her New Dr. yesterday and said she didn't think she had celiac disease looking at the test results. I'm thinking about going to another GI for testing again later on and see if he thinks different. I really don't give her too much with Wheat, but there are so many different name I think for wheat and Gluten that I'm not sure what to look for and also some of the ingredients I read I don't understand most of them let alone pernounce them. I wish there was a site that discribe all of these ingredients and what they really are. Again Thanks for all y'all answers

#308613 - 06/05/07 03:24 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

You might find some helpful information at the Nutrition Corner on the Celiac Disease Center website at Columbia University.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 405 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1300

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review