All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
feeling beat up
      #308146 - 05/30/07 02:50 PM
Gaia

Reged: 11/16/06
Loc: NY

Hi everyone. I'm IBS P/C and after an episode of painful spasms, I feel like I just got ran over by a truck. This can last for more than one day. Does anyone else experience feeling as if you just had someone beat the heck out of your abdomen and it's sore for days? Why does this happen?
Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: feeling beat up new
      #308150 - 05/30/07 04:01 PM
abby6126

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Towson MD

Hi Rosanne,

Yes, after I have a spasm, the next day or two my stomach hurts and I feel like absolute crap. I wish I knew why this happens, but I dont. Your not alone

Hope you are feeling better!

--------------------
Abby-IBS-C, Lactose Intolerant, fructose sensitive

#308200 - 05/31/07 07:29 AM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

Not sure why it happens, but I get that too. I feel completely exhausted and drained, and my tummy hurts for a while afterwards. It almost feels like I have the flu, I just want to lay down. I think I'm straining the muscles in my abdomen, but I'm not sure.

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

#308289 - 05/31/07 07:46 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Always felt like I had the flu and got run over by a truck. Physically, I think the spasms just do a number on our bodies and my doc says our immune system as well (for me..microscopic colitis...he says it makes me more susceptible to getting sick...I also think it was that I hardly ate healthy before). So you are not alone and the good thing is that it looks like you are new here so if you stick around and follow the diet strictly, plus maybe add some acacia, the spasms should lessen significantly. I am thrilled to say that I used to have them at least 2-3 times/week and now I have NONE. While stabalizing, I got maybe 1 per week but even then they were so much more mild. So there is hope. Hang in there and feel better. You have found a heavenly place here on these boards!!!

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#308493 - 06/04/07 05:47 AM
Gaia

Reged: 11/16/06
Loc: NY

Thank you for your responses. Yes, I'm new here and have been reading this website over and over. It's very comforting to know I'm not alone and there are many of you who are compassionate and understanding. It has been a very, very difficult year for me. After having 2 bowel surgeries, I'm still having pain and discomfort. I'm hanging in there and trying almost all of the suggested interventions. I'm not sure what's next, but I'm hoping, like many of you, to stabilize and get on with my life.

Thanks for being here.

Rosanne

No problem! Hang in there. n/t new
      #308650 - 06/06/07 08:46 AM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 518 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 937

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review