All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
More IF questions
      #307954 - 05/24/07 08:38 PM
Carolynjoy1228

Reged: 04/12/07

Thank you all so much with your help on whole grains. I swear, I'll figure this out eventually. My next question is about other IF foods. That's pretty much all I used to eat: raisins, almonds, grape nuts, romaine lettuce salads, etc. But now, I've cut those out completely. I'm a C, so I need IF. But it tends to cause severe pain. What's are some ideas on specific foods/combinations to eat that will safely incorporate IF?

Thank you all so much!

Carolyn
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: More IF questions new
      #307998 - 05/25/07 03:32 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

You can probably still eat those same IF foods, but you need to have a SF buffer with it so it won't cause you pain. Some food combinations could be, potatoes, plus any vegetable, some safe bread before salads. Puree vegetable soup (including potatoes), fruit smoothie that includes banana in it.
I'm sure others will give you some great ideas too.

#308017 - 05/26/07 12:38 PM
Carolynjoy1228

Reged: 04/12/07

bump

#308046 - 05/27/07 05:10 PM
catnut

Reged: 04/08/07
Loc: Kentucky, USA

I'm a C and I still eat salads. I use spring mix or some such thing and add what I want on it. I may also add rice or quinoa or even left over pasta into it as my SF. I usually add 1 tsp of Acacia fiber on it as well. It may help and certainly can't hurt in the digestion process. Or, I'll have some bread or a tortilla, things like that.

--------------------
Catnut IBS-C for many years, finally diagnosed in 2005. Wheat and dairy sensative.

#308053 - 05/28/07 08:51 AM
kimberste

Reged: 04/22/07

I don't know if this has already been suggested, but I tolerate oatmeal very well. Check the label, but the quick cooking (not instant) kind seems to have a good balance of SF (2g) and IF (2g). It being summer, I have found that I tolerate watermelon very well too. I eat it alongside a sandwich for an SF buffer. I have also tried potato salad with safe mayo, mustard, and only half of the potatoes peeled instead of all of them. I also love the recipe for Asian sweet cucumbers in Heather's book. I add some grape tomatoes or other shredded veggies to up the IF and nutritional content.

Good luck, and I hope one of these works for you.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1850 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1119

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review