Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Weather Related Symptoms????
      #307509 - 05/17/07 06:55 PM
wondersha

Reged: 02/09/07
Loc: Vancouver B.C

Howdy all,

I am wondering if anyone has noticed there symptoms are affected by weather changes?? I recall seeing someone talking about something when I first started reading the boards...

We had a huge weather jump from I think about 12-14 degrees celsius to 26-28..and I was feeling like crap..( I did come down with the flu a couple days later...lol)

I am just wondering and if there are some of you out there..is there anything you do specifically to help???

thanks

Shannon- IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Weather Related Symptoms???? new
      #307510 - 05/17/07 07:31 PM
DianeM

Reged: 12/05/06
Loc: Kentucky

Oh, yes, the heat seems to be hitting me harder this year than ever before, and it's only May. I attended an outside graduation Saturday morning (no shade whatsoever) and was completely drained for days. The heat and humidity (and we have plenty of that in Kentucky) seem to really set off my IBS. I'm trying to figure out how I can stay in the Army with this problem. Would love to know if anyone has been successful in dealing with the heat/humidity problem.

Oh yeah new
      #307526 - 05/18/07 05:08 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Weirdly enough, I always found myself more bothered by cold weather than hot - it's like the tenseness of my body if I'm cold for an extended period of time triggers an attack, or something like that.

Unfortunately, I've never found any effective way of dealing with the problem other than the stupidly obvious: keep yourself warm if you're triggered by cold, and keep yourself cool if you're triggered by heat. Especially if you're sensitive to hot weather, KEEP HYDRATED (lots and lots of water and iced herbal teas), and try not to exert yourself too much, especially outdoors in the sun.

Same here... new
      #307538 - 05/18/07 09:47 AM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

I've noticed that my IBS acts up more when I'm cold. I've found sitting in a hot car on my lunch breaks makes my tummy feel so much better. I also seem to feel worse if it's raining, but that may be psychosomatic, rainy days are gloomy & depressing.

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1035 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 891

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review