Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
what to do about PMS and IBS??
      #307449 - 05/16/07 06:18 PM
dmdentre

Reged: 06/09/04
Loc: New England

HI!
I can't tolerate birth control pills which are a typical treatment for PMS and PMDD. I am having a lot of trouble two weeks before my period with increased IBS symptoms (mostly pain and nausea) and anxiety (I have an anxiety disorder). I already take 10mg celexa, eat well, and exercise. I was wondering if anyone had luck with any herbal supplements, foods, or anything else that may help my PMS symptoms. I would appreciate any help! Thanks, Danielle.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: what to do about PMS and IBS?? new
      #307460 - 05/16/07 09:06 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

For pain, peppermint might help, assuming that it's a cramping-type pain. For nausea, ginger will DEFINITELY help - if you can stand the taste, nibble on pieces of candied ginger, as that's the strongest and a little bit goes a long way. Otherwise, ginger tea will work, and has the benefit of being warm and soothing.

For the anxiety... as someone who has anxiety problems too, I can honestly say that the only thing that's helped me is medication, and I've had to have my meds increased twice now. (I'm on Lexapro.) I just haven't found any other method that's worked as well, but hopefully someone else can weigh in more on that one.

Food-wise, just be sure to eat safely - no trigger foods, follow the diet - and you can be pretty sure that your diet won't be exacerbating the situation.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2159 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 632

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review