All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
SF snackage!
      #307294 - 05/15/07 03:09 AM
keepsmiling

Reged: 02/05/07
Loc: bham, uk

well i have my instant oatmeal with bannana and quinonia flakes around 8, and my lunch about 12ish, so know i need a little something in between, today i snacked on dried papaya and just had a fruit puree pot (90% blended apples, 10% blended blueberries) so these are both SF, but are these ok to snack on or do i need to have some kind of carbs for my stomach also? like bread or something? Im quite hungry but having my sandwich at 12 so can hold on, as long as this is not going to send my stomach into spasm?? does SF fruit still count ok to eat on own?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: SF snackage! new
      #307299 - 05/15/07 05:49 AM
chitchat1

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Michigan

I too get hungry in between meals. I have found rice cakes to be a blessing. they are pretty tasty, I love the caramel corn ones and they are big, they are SF and only 50 calories or 1 point per cake. They fill you up enough in between meal times -just an idea.

#307303 - 05/15/07 06:22 AM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Hi there! My safe snacks between meals are pretzels, baked bagel chips, bananas, and Heather's Honey Chex Mix -- if you haven't tried it yet it's great! And super easy to make, just a microwave is all you need. You can find the recipe on the recipe board and recipe/diet link

Julie
IBS-D, GERD, lactose intolerant

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

#307313 - 05/15/07 08:34 AM
Calli66

Reged: 04/11/07
Loc: New Mexico USA

Two new snacks that I LOVE:

Newman's Own "Soy Crisps"-lightly salted. Only 3.5 of the little cracker crisps has 9g of protein, 3g of fiber, 110 calories.

Blue Diamond Natural "Nut-Thins"- nut and rice cracker snacks. 4 crackers have 2g protein, 1g fiber, 130 calories. These have "natural butter flavor" added, but I think it's a small amount of dairy. They have no wheat in them, and come in nut flavors: pecan, almond, hazelnut.

Whenever I go anywhere, I put a small handful of each in a bag, so I'll have something to snack on, and then I'm not tempted to buy and eat something I shouldn't, just because I'm hungry.

C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4195 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 713

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review