Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Fiber Supplement Problems
      #306925 - 05/09/07 05:53 PM
badtzjack

Reged: 05/08/07
Loc: NEW YORK

hi,
can anyone out there tell me if they have had any problems with certain fiber supplements, if they've experienced any side effects or if they've had any success with Acacia that gave pain free bowel movements? any advice would be appreciated, because i am still spasming and getting upset stomach, although i've been following the diet.

thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fiber Supplement Problems new
      #306928 - 05/09/07 06:33 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

How long have you been following the diet? Are you getting enough IF in your diet and are you avoiding all triggers? To specifically answer your question, I use acacia and it's fine for me, but you have to play around with the quantity and the amount of IF you eat.

#306934 - 05/09/07 06:46 PM
badtzjack

Reged: 05/08/07
Loc: NEW YORK

i've been following the diet for several weeks now and avoiding the triggers. since i'm not pain free i'm afraid to add IS to what i'm eating. i'm constantly sore inside my body, especially my lower abdomen, hips, lower back, and rectum. i get a lot of stomach upset. it is tiring and terrible and i would like to be able to go one day without pain and upset. i take citrucel caplets right now, switching back to 2 times daily from 3. (i ended up going all morning with 3 times.) and wonder if it is contributing to the problems.

#306937 - 05/09/07 07:19 PM
Gracie

It will take much more than a few weeks to stablize. The best thing to do (don't know if you've done it already) is to do the BTC diet for 2-3 days, then start adding things slowly back into your diet including IF. Do you exercise regularly? That might help with the gas and pain, and so will fennel tea. Peppermint tea is supposed to be good for spasms.
i don't have experience with citrucel so i don't know if that might be causing you problems. Acacia has helped a lot of people. You can always give it a try and see how it works for you.

#307028 - 05/11/07 04:57 AM
CMW

Reged: 04/24/07
Loc: VT

Sorry but I'm new and wondering what the BTC diet is because I am having the same issues.

#307060 - 05/11/07 03:33 PM
Gracie

BTC = Break The Cycle diet
Basically you eat just SF food for 2-3 days.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1807 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1167

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review