All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help!!!
      #306496 - 05/03/07 08:01 PM
debbie54

Reged: 05/03/07

Loosing weight and can't figure out how to eat for my IBS. Down to 94 lbs and no matter what I try to eat, it always comes back to haunt me. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help!!! new
      #306498 - 05/03/07 08:23 PM
ECM

Reged: 08/23/06
Loc: Jasper, GA

Hi Debbie,
You don't say how what you eat comes back to haunt you. I was diagnosed with IBS-C back in July of 2006. I am pain predominate meaning the constipation and pain are my major symptoms. Before being diagnosed, I lost 35 lbs because I was afraid to eat. I was in pain everytime I ate, so I didn't want to eat. It was only after finding this site, learning the principals, and applying them that I found any relief.
Have you read the material? Do you have any of Heather's books? Have you done the BTC diet? Are you taking any SF supplements? Are you incorporating IF back into your diet? Help us, help you by giving us a little more information to go on.

--------------------
Snookie, IBS-C

#307736 - 05/21/07 01:40 PM

Unregistered

I don't know how to start a new subject in an already started thread so forgive me as I jump in here with some needed input.

I have all of Heather's books and products. I have IBS-C and am so frustrated. Any input would be so appreciated.

It seems I can't go more than 4 days or so before I need Milk of Mag or those Fleet Suppositories. I follow the bland diet, but if I cheat in any small amount I'm miserable.

Ever since I was put on an antib. for what was so called a bacteria infection, which I believe now was just a really bad bout of IBS-C after eating choc. (he never really had a test that showed I had an infection, he went by symptoms and touching my stomach) I was put on the antib called Xifanan. I am now for almost a year left with what I call hard small balls. I haven't had a normal stool since. The researcher for this drug who claims it works miracles for IBS-D had no answer for IBS-C patients who go on it. I did report my symptoms to the manufacturer of the drug.

I'm also frustrated because every thing I read on IBS on this board and in Heather's books are mostly for IBS-D. I can't have the nuts and other things she suggests which sound wonderful, but turn me even more constipated.

What are the people with IBS-C doing, how do you eat? I'm down to only fish, chicken and ground turkey and cream of rice for breakfast, and I take Probotics for years now. I drink hot water in the morning because all the teas bother me, even the one I got from Heather (Fennel) that seems to give me more gas and makes me hyper. I'm so frustrated.

Now I seem to get nausea with the IBS-C flares which is new for me. The doctor says it's IBS. Ugh help anyone?

This isn't meant to cut Heather down in anyway. I think her books are so important and informative and her products, but they seem geared to IBS-D or at least it hasn't helped my IBS-C. When I was first told I had IBS it was the IBS-D so I know that horrible life style, but for some reason along the way I switched to just IBS-C. Input anyone and thanks so much!

#307739 - 05/21/07 03:06 PM
melinda413

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Findlay, OH

Have you tried the acacia fiber? I am IBS C and I have to say that it really really helps me. I am only up to 2 1/2 tsp a day but already I am having BM's voluntarily instead of straining for ever with barely any results like I used to. I even had 3 completely normal BM's in one week! I was amazed. I used to strain all the time to no fruition, I still have gas unfortunately but at least it is not the painful pent up gas that kills for hours. I try to look on the brightside that for now I am going on a somewhat regular basis which is way different for me. I am also taking Digestive Advantage for IBS which is a prebiotic, but I am convinced that the fiber is what is helping me so much.

Also I eat a lot of pasta with light sauces. I haven't really had any problems with that. I try to use a little Extra virgin olive oil instead of a lot and it seems to set well with me. I eat a lot of pretzels, graham crackers and honey combs as well for snacks.
I hope some of this input helps, I am very new here too but have found a lot of great advice on this site!

--------------------
Melinda
IBS-A but leans toward C mostly

#307755 - 05/21/07 06:08 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

I completely sympathize with you I am IBS-C, I've been there.

Before I found this website, I was miserable. After I found it I was still miserable. Then, I read all the IBS safe foods for breakfast, lunch, etc. Once I learned this information, I started eating eggbeater omelets for breakfast with a sourdough muffin (taking my SF first). Lunch I would have plain chicken and white rice (skinless chicken). Dinner was a bowl of plain oatmeal.

After eating like this for a week, I started to have some BM. They were little knots at first, but slowly but surely it became what we IBSers conceive as "normal".

It is a slow, frustrating process but it can be done over time.

I know you would like instant relief, I did, but its as if we are retaining our bodies to intake healthy foods. I have my SF three x per day (Acacia), one level TBS and the fiber that is contained in my food. My BMs are not spectular, but they are moving!!!!

I now have Oatmeal Squares with vanilla rice milk for breakfast, a lil soy dreamer for snack, lunch concists of chicken w/veggies and white rice and dinner a Healthy Choice meal with brocolli(sp) no less.

I lost around 25 pounds starting out and am now exercising five days a week to lose weight!!!!

Like anything else, it takes time. I will be praying for you.

You will find a lot of help on this board. My friends here, all of you, have helped me get through some very rough times. Just open up and tell everyone what's going on with you. I promise you will not regret it. I don't!!!

I hope something I have said will help you.

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

Edited by LittleFox (05/21/07 06:14 PM)

#311194 - 07/14/07 02:33 PM
Camryn

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: Canada

Melinda, I used to eat Honey Combs all the time before they went whole grain (in fact I have a stash of the pre-whole grain formula like you wouldn't believe). Does the new formula still sit okay with you? I've been afraid to try it.

#311203 - 07/14/07 03:25 PM
crazylizardlady

Reged: 07/11/07
Loc: NJ

debbie, are you type D or C?? I'm D. For me, bland diet, mostly rice, oatmeal, pretzels, plain white bread, white bagels, babyfood jars of bananas, no dairy!!! , chicken and soup (lots of chicken noodle/rice soup). i can tolerate non-dairy sorbet (hagen daz-made with water) for a treat and twizzlers!! give more details on your type of ibs and we can help.
kath

--------------------
IBS/GERD/Lactose Intolerant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 729 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1379

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review