All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Anyone else ravenous? new
      #306634 - 05/05/07 10:02 PM
Carolynjoy1228

Reged: 04/12/07

Miralax is a laxative that many take, and some people find it very helpful. I don't know what I'd do without it.

Carolyn
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thanks...I like crab. n/t new
      #306640 - 05/06/07 08:36 AM
catnut

Reged: 04/08/07
Loc: Kentucky, USA

I've used Miralax for a couple of years now and it's been a great thing, and it's not additive like laxatives. It doesn't irritate the gut either. I've been using the acacia fiber and taking magnesium so I've found I don't need the Miralax any longer.

Protein is a must in the diet and getting some at each meal is helpful. Definitly try things again that didn't taste good or do well months ago. As you do the EFI diet your system changes and so do your tastes. I tried soy yogurt again after a year and now I find it palatable and I feel good after eating it. I don't know why. I eat rice crackers, nut thins or apple sauce for a snack a lot. With the applesauce I eat rice bran crackers that make me think I'm eating a graham cracker(I can't eat wheat). Between the two it fills me up and keeps the blood sugar levels stable. A bowl of cereal works well too. I pack a lot even when I'm doing errands. Dry cereal in a bag is a handy thing to eat, low fat, not messy and nutricious. My husband gets gas from Turkey so I get sliced chicken. I eat it with some mustard and some crackers and it's a simple low fat snack. Baked tostitos and salsa, Yum. Get creative, there are plenty of foods out there for us that don't take hours of cooking. You can do your own portion control so you don't eat more than you need at one sitting. Moderation will keep you stable and you can still loose weight. I'm 4 11" and 112 1bs and doing great. I walk and do yoga.

--------------------
Catnut IBS-C for many years, finally diagnosed in 2005. Wheat and dairy sensative.

Your suggestions were helpful! Thanks. n/t new
      #306673 - 05/06/07 05:36 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Re: Anyone else ravenous? new
      #306677 - 05/06/07 07:11 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

That's prescribed by doctors. The laxatives I'm talking about is the ones that contain senna and cascara sagrada. Those make your bowels become dependant.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1041 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2488

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review