All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Grr!
      #30620 - 12/08/03 02:23 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I'm so upset! I was planning on making mac n' soy cheese for dinner tonight. Unfortunately, when I stopped at my local grocery store, I found out that they no longer carry my favorite kind of soy cheese! I guess Glaxy foods stopped making Veggie Shreds! And since that was all they had at my local store, they now have nothing, and I have to travel to a more distant store when I want soy cheese. I suppose it's not that big of a deal, but doesn't it stink when you find a brand you really like and then they take it off the market?? Grr!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Grr! new
      #30638 - 12/08/03 06:04 PM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

You have my sympathy Kree-I am still looking for a good cheddar flavor!!!! Maryh

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

#30662 - 12/08/03 08:14 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

I find that happens on a lot of places.

#30672 - 12/09/03 05:27 AM
lauriejf

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Wisconsin, USA

That is most frustrating. I find that happens to me all the time. I will find something and buy it a few more times and all of a sudden it is gone off the shelves. I just had a store close and take my face cleanser with it! After much searching and calling different stores, I finally found a drug store that will order it for me when I need it and not charge me any extra fees. Happy hunting!

--------------------
Laurie
Angels are willing to fall on their faces once in a while for the privilege of flying.

#30676 - 12/09/03 06:53 AM
Kree

Thanks for your sympathy everyone! I'm sure we've all had to deal with this before.

Laurie, all the stores in my area recently stopped carrying my cleanser, too, and I finally had to start ordering it online from drugstore.com. What we won't do for beauty, right?

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#30689 - 12/09/03 09:24 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Keep looking. A few months ago the Tops near me seemed to stop selling it and I was mad. I love that stuff too, especially the soy parm. Anyways, they moved it to another area of the produce section and yesterday they had a great selection of soy cheeses.

#30691 - 12/09/03 09:36 AM
Kree

Thanks, Torbetta! Luckily, the Wegmans about 15 mins from me still has a good selection of soy cheeses! This was just our local P&C. But I checked on the web and it turns out they really did stop making the veggie shreds, so it's not just the store this time.

It's funny, there's a Tops right across the street from the Wegmans. It's been there for almost as long as I can remember, and I've never shopped there! I think I'll go check out their natural foods section later. I've been meaning to for a while!

--------------------

#30696 - 12/09/03 09:44 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

You used to get it shredded? I was talking about the blocks of cheese. I end up shredding it myself. I wish Wegmans was closer but it isn't. We are suppose to get a Walmart supercenter in Lockport sometime. Wonder if they will carry all this kind of stuff.

Re: Grr! Torbetta new
      #30767 - 12/09/03 11:15 AM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

We have 2 walmart supercenters in town and they carry Melissa's rice mozzarella-seems they are adding more and more products(they have other kinds of cheese) but I still haven't found a good cheddar substitute!! Maryh

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

#30782 - 12/09/03 12:07 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I know how you feel! Products can go from being Kosher to not overnight! Last year I bought fennel tea from a store and it was Kosher. Then one day it wasn't anymore! (The Kosher symbol had been removed). I was exasperated! So, I know how you feel...yuck!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4709 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 878

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review