All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
How will diet help the morning attacks?
      #305487 - 04/20/07 05:20 AM
mybellyhurts

Reged: 04/18/07

Hello,
I am new and have been reading much of the website. I totally agree that the proper diet will help with the non-anxiety related attacks. However, i fail to see how diet will help my morning attacks every day that i have to leave the house to go to work. I must evacuate at least 3 times every morning before i go to work. On Saturday and Sunday, when i do not have to leave the house, i do not even have to go. I am pretty convinced that my morning attacks have to do with nerves and anxiety.
Any comments will be GREATLY appreciated.
mybellyhurts

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How will diet help the morning attacks? new
      #305492 - 04/20/07 07:01 AM
AndrewIBSC

Reged: 03/23/07
Loc: PHiladelphia, PA

Do you take a SFS first thing in the morning? I do and it really helps with my morning attacks. In fact I take a SFS before I eat anything and I am on the way to becoming stable and have been pain free. Hope you get better!

#305502 - 04/20/07 08:50 AM
Calli66

Reged: 04/11/07
Loc: New Mexico USA

Hi,
I am new here also. I also have a tendency toward the morning-anxiety multiple trips to the bathroom. It started when I was a child--shy and nervous about going to school. Every morning I had no appetite, nausea, and D.

As an adult, it's because I have been a coffee-drinker most of my life---it gets things going. My only solution has been to wake up 2-3 hours before I have to go to work, so there's plenty of time to eat, relax, read a book, and go to the bathroom multiple times. For my last job, this worked out well, because I was out in the field all day (National Monument), far from a restroom, but not far enough from visitor trails to hide behind a bush for a BM.

A question: where's the page here that gives all the definitions for acronyms/ abbreviations? I know a few, but am sometimes lost, there are so many.

C

#305507 - 04/20/07 08:56 AM
keepsmiling

Reged: 02/05/07
Loc: bham, uk

i think if its anxiety, obviously the diet can only soothe your stomach- its worth making changes to your lifestyle too as a holisitc approach, ie yoga, hypnotherapy etc

#305545 - 04/20/07 03:07 PM
Alli32

Reged: 03/24/05

Welcome to the boards! The diet will help you feel better overall and have fewer attacks, which will lead to a reduction in your anxiety about leaving the house. My experience has been that my anxiety is fear of having an attack. Once you decrease the frequency of the attacks, you will be less nervous to leave the house. There are still times when I have an attack based totally on anxiety (like last week for example). But those times are rare now because for the most part, I have my IBS-D under control.

I strongly recommend checking out the hypnotherapy thread. I did the 100 day program and it helped tremendously with my anxiety.

HTH

#305588 - 04/21/07 08:23 AM
wondersha

Reged: 02/09/07
Loc: Vancouver B.C

When I am sick I am the exact same way....over the past three weeks I have become more stable then I have been since I was diagnosed with the ibs-d. One thing that has helped me with the morning attacks and anxiety is to keep a very similar schedule regardless of whether I work or not. The mind plays horrible tricks, one being letting my body think Im okay if it knows I don't have to leave the house that day. I wake up at the same time everyday (within an hour at least) and I leave the house every day no matter how bad I feel. It lets my body know that it needs to get used to it, and that there is no reason for me to get sick.

Another thing that helped me is walking. Not for health reason either(that is an added bonus) Depending on how I feel I walk further and longer...when I get home I say to myself.."you were out for 45 mins..and you didn't get sick..." if I get sick the next day or can only walk 15 mins I just remember that the day before I went longer and that will happen again..

Sorry for rambling...

and good luck the morning attacks are by far the most frustrating part of my ibs

shannon

andrew new
      #305592 - 04/21/07 09:16 AM
Angel in Pain

Reged: 03/25/07

How much SFS do you take before eating anything and is that also before snacks??????
Thanks

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1882 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1166

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review