All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What now?
      #305394 - 04/19/07 03:45 AM
wendyc

Reged: 03/20/06
Loc: Florida

Woke again around 3am with a terrible pain in my stomach. Had BAD D for about an hour. I can't figure out what happened! Here's my food day: breakfast - dry honeycombs, lunch - 2 oz turkey breast on a pita, snack - more dry honeycombs. Then I had to go to my sisters house to help her get ready for a party. She ordered pizza and wings. I had ONE piece of pizza AFTER I scraped all the toppings (cheese and everything) down to a dry piece of crust. When I got home around 9PM I ate a bagel with Toffutti cream cheese. Could it have been the soy from the cream cheese? Did I use too much? Did I eat too late? I went to bed aroun 11:30 PM. Now I'm in Pain and I don't think I'm going to be able to make it to work. I feel guilty bc I've already called in sick once this week. HELP!

--------------------
IBS-D, Acid Reflux, ???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What now? new
      #305397 - 04/19/07 05:00 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Well, a couple of possibilities...

* Yeah, it could be the cream cheese, if you're not yet really used to soy, or used more than you're used to.

* It's hard to say what went into that pizza crust unless you made it yourself. If it was from one of the major chains, it may have had cheese or milk in it, or quite a bit of oil.

* You also really didn't eat much. The amounts you're eating are good, I think, but you might need to eat more often. When I was stabilizing, I literally ate every 2 hours - even if it was just a handful of fat-free saltines. Even now, after several years on the diet, I never go more than 3 hours without eating something.

It's really difficult when you're first starting out on the path to stabilizing, because even though you're eating well, you WILL still have attacks. I know, how fair is that? But hang in there and stick it out - it may take a while, but your attacks will get fewer and further between, and lessen in severity, until one day you realize you feel great.

Feel better! Peppermint tea and a heating pad! LOL

Re: What now? Bump new
      #305404 - 04/19/07 07:36 AM
wendyc

Reged: 03/20/06
Loc: Florida

--------------------
IBS-D, Acid Reflux, ???

#305406 - 04/19/07 07:42 AM
keepsmiling

Reged: 02/05/07
Loc: bham, uk

YEAH ID say could easily b pizza base, or the soy cheese- soy cheese i buy is quite high fat, so i dont use too much. you'll get there, its just a matter of working out what your body can take!

#305458 - 04/19/07 05:54 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Might have been the cream cheese if you're not used to soy. I just ate some recently after not having it for a long time and I had HORRIBLE gas from it. Also, wast he pizza crust oily? Perhaps it was the combo of the pizza crust, then the bagel late at night, and maybe being tired. Try not to overanalyze but avoid the cream cheese for awhile, eat dinner earlier, and see how you feel. Good luck.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1281 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 828

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review