Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
HI a few questions in 1 post!
      #305205 - 04/17/07 10:39 AM
keepsmiling

Reged: 02/05/07
Loc: bham, uk

grateful for ne answers
1. is oatmeal sf or if or a combo? i bought some instant oatmeal and it lists 1.6 g of if and 1.4g on sf so more if than sf. is it still safe? it says wholemeal oats, but cant see any other ingrediants in it that look fibrous (just added iron and honey powder)
2. beano? i brought some on ebay as im from the uk and it cost about $8, does that seem about right? i am worried to take a pill from the internet, but its not medicine is it? and its totally ok'd in US? i need it!
3. SPELT? IF or SF? I could only find a loaf of stoneground spelt bread (only ingrediant stoneground spelt flour) is this safe? or need sf with it? i also found spelt flakes at my hfs, same q applies!!!
ne HELP pls!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I can get 1.5 of the 3 new
      #305212 - 04/17/07 12:15 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

1. Oatmeal is a combination of IF and SF. It's completely safe. Whether or not you can tolerate it, though, is totally a personal experience, up to your body, and you won't know until you try it. Instant oatmeal is one of the easiest-digested forms, because it's chopped up quite fine, so if you're going to tolerate it, that would definitely be the one to try first.

2. Beano isn't a medication exactly, nope. It's more of a supplement than anything else. It's sold over-the-counter here and is available pretty much everywhere, even in grocery stores. As long as the package is unopened, don't be nervous about taking it. (But if the package is open when it gets there, demand a refund and don't take the pills!)

I can't help you on the cost, because I've never bought it.

I also can't help with the spelt.

Re: I can get 1.5 of the 3 new
      #305213 - 04/17/07 12:19 PM
keepsmiling

Reged: 02/05/07
Loc: bham, uk

thanks! you always seem to recognise a gal in need and answer my posts! v grateful! ive only tried rolled oats and oat cereals so i'll give the fine powder a whirl tomorrow!
only the spelt debate remains ppl!

I can help with the Beano question new
      #305223 - 04/17/07 02:35 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

When I have bought Beano, I've paid about $13 for 100 pills. I have found that GasStop, by Renew Life, is more effective (contains more of the ingredient in Beano per serving). This costs me ~$15 for 60 pills. 100 Beanos is only 25 servings for me (yes, I needed four at a time!), while 60 GasStops is 30 servings. See if you can find GasStop, too!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

beano new
      #305355 - 04/18/07 05:10 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Beano is an enzyme that helps digest rafinose- the sugar in vegetables. There are other digestive enzymes for other things.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2346 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 692

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review