All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Weight watchers and acacia
      #305200 - 04/17/07 08:55 AM
adobemoes

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Connecticut

If you've ever done WW, you know how Weight Watchers flex plan allows for fiber to be taken into account in order to determine the number of points something has? Well.. does anyone think acacia might count for that or fit into that equation in any way?
??

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Weight watchers and acacia new
      #305220 - 04/17/07 01:48 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I don't take acacia, but I do follow WW. To be honest, I've never figured in points or the extra fiber. I do however include it in my regular water intake for the day. HTH.

adobemoes - Question? new
      #305647 - 04/22/07 01:47 PM
Angel in Pain

Reged: 03/25/07

If you don't take acacia, what do you take and what do you do it you are stable. Please help
Thanks

Re: adobemoes - Question? new
      #305678 - 04/23/07 04:53 AM
Snorkie

I do take an SFS, just not acacia. In the morning & evening, I take Opti-Fiber, which is Sam's Club/Walmart's version of Benefiber. At lunch, I take two FiberCon caplets.

If acacia works for you, stick with it. I just happened to find what worked for me before I thought to order acacia.

I have been pretty stable for a little over a year, but it took the better part of a year to get to this point. (I should point out for much of that stabilizing year, I did not follow WW too closely because I was so sick I was losing weight that I didn't need to lose as a Lifetime member.)

#305752 - 04/23/07 06:52 PM
Angel in Pain

Reged: 03/25/07

How much Opti Fiber do you take daily and did you follow Heather's diet the year you were not stable. And do you still pretty much follow Heather's diet or you on your own and can eat just about anything?
Thanks for all your infor. E

Re: Weight watchers and acacia new
      #305754 - 04/23/07 07:37 PM
Carlye

Reged: 04/17/07

Speaking of acacia...has anyone heard of/tried the new Organic Fiber Bars? They are made with acacia fiber, amongst other things, and have 14g fiber, 56% being soluble. Do you think this could be good for an IBS-C like me?
Carlye

#305800 - 04/24/07 08:15 AM
Snorkie

I take a teaspoon of OptiFiber in the morning and another teaspoon in the evening with dinner. I usually mix it in water.

Of course I was following the diet the year that I was not stable. It's what got me to be stable. I shudder to think how healthy I'd be if I hadn't found it.

To be honest, I don't follow the diet as strictly as I used to, but I wouldn't say that I could eat "just about anything." I still avoid dairy products 95% of the time and I don't think I'll ever eat beef again. (A beef dish gave me the most tremendous awful IBS attack ever for me; that was a couple months before I found the diet.) However, there are some things I can eat that are triggers for others.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1338 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1636

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review