All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anyone relate?
      #305042 - 04/15/07 07:03 PM
wendyc

Reged: 03/20/06
Loc: Florida

Have you ever had one of those days when you sit back and think about what you ate and wonder if it's going to give you an attack (for me IBS-D)? I ate well today but I'm worried a little about my meal for dinner. I baked a whole chicken in the oven, when I took it out and let it rest - I pulled it apart etc. While I was pulling it apart I just couldn't resist having a few pieces of skin (sounds gross as I'm reading this but was so juicy and brown and yummy LOOKING then). Now, I'm afraid it's going to bite me! I had a really bad attack the other night while my DH was working and had to call my mother to come over and sit with me bc I was afraid to me by myself so I think I'm just paranoid of a repeat. What do you think?

--------------------
IBS-D, Acid Reflux, ???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ohhh yeah new
      #305045 - 04/15/07 08:29 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I remember those days and nights all too well... sometimes, even eating perfectly 100% safe foods, I'd STILL panic and worry about having an attack!

The best thing you can do - since anxiety can trigger attacks too - is try to relax and get your mind off it. I know it's easier said than done, but still. If you can get yourself lost in a good book, a craft project, a movie, a computer game, *anything*, now would be the time to do it. Failing that, treat yourself to a hot bubble bath, comfy pajamas, and a cup of herbal tea.

There's a good chance that a little bite of chicken skin (I wouldn't be able to resist either!) won't trigger an attack, but even if it does, you can definitely lessen its impact by relaxing as much as you can. And besides... you're a pro now! you can handle this! Warm herbal tea and a heating pad will help you through it.

But I'm hoping you avoid the attack! Good luck!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3437 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 450

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review