All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Multivitamins?
      #30485 - 12/07/03 08:11 PM
Tootsie

Reged: 12/03/03
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Do any of you take multivitamins? I feel under the weather a lot and know I cannot possibly get enough nutrients(as I have dropped a lot of foods to make a "safe list") I have heard that multivitamins can be tough on the stomach. Has anyone else found this? I heard taking them with food will help. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Multivitamins? new
      #30486 - 12/07/03 08:16 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I take one everday at the end of my meal, and I do fine with it. Right now, I'm taking one for women with extra iron in it. Only because I'm trying to bump up my iron so I can donate blood.

Re: Multivitamins? new
      #30504 - 12/08/03 06:21 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Mags,

That's awesome! What made you decide to give blood? Good for you! You may have just inspired me...

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Blood Drive new
      #30716 - 12/09/03 10:12 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Actually, I wanted to donate blood, just to help people. So, I asked my boss if he'd let me run a blood drive at my work. He had no problem with it, so I contacted Red Cross and went from there. So not only would I get to donate myself, I got a bunch of people to donate! Unfortunately, I was denied for low iron count (I'm not anemic, but you have to have your count even higher to donate).

But, it wasn't too bad. I ended up getting 29 pints of blood, one short of our goal of 30. And each pint saves 3 lives!

I have a second chance in March, when I scheduled our next drive, so wish me luck!

Re: Blood Drive new
      #30750 - 12/09/03 10:30 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

WOW, Mags, you're my hero! That's AWESOME! If I had been there I would've gotten you to 30...if I qualified that is

I remember in college a frat or something was doing a blood drive...and I didn't qualify...but I hope to someday! I'll keep you in mind...hope you get to next time...if you do, let me know! I live vicariously through ya

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3382 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 712

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review