Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: a few things to discuss new
      #305984 - 04/26/07 07:18 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Quote:

Stress is a huge factor for me. And I am guessing that it's not just the obvious stress that you can really feel, but that it can be subconscious stuff too.
/Ulrika, IBS-D

Exactly. I get stressed from the day to day stuff. Just talking to people and doing my normal activities in general can stress me out.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

interesting! new
      #305985 - 04/26/07 07:19 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Something to look into.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: BC Pill and skipping periods new
      #306048 - 04/27/07 05:14 PM
DianeM

Reged: 12/05/06
Loc: Kentucky

Funny how I was just asking the question of whether it was safe to skip periods while on the birth control pill and I picked up the paper today and read this article on a new pill designed just for that purpose. The FDA should approve it next month, according to Wyeth, the maker of the pill. The pill is called Lybrel.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/20/health/20period.html?ex=1177819200&en=2a3aa02e360e51a6&ei=5070

#306049 - 04/27/07 05:33 PM
DianeM

Reged: 12/05/06
Loc: Kentucky

I just noticed you posted the same link I just posted in a separate reply. The discussion in your link is very interesting, and I'm certainly learning that I don't know enough about my body and the birth control I take. Thanks everybody.

#306052 - 04/27/07 06:47 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I'm glad that this works for you and for others. I have to say, though, that it isn't for everyone. I tried this with very bad results. I wanted to skip a week of IBS symptoms every month and talked it over with my doc. We decided to give it a try and a few weeks in I started bleeding and didn't stop for a month and half. I quit taking the pill, finished the 45 days with one last shebang of a period (flow just got much heavier, I never stopped bleeding once), then finally stopped bleeding. I'll never do that again. Maybe after a few months my body would have adjusted but at that point I wasn't willing to find out.

Not trying to start a big argument or anything and I know that this isn't what happens to everyone. Just be sure to talk everything over with your docs.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Lil Min, dear, another idea.... new
      #306153 - 04/29/07 02:20 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Can you ask your Doc whether the patch would be a better option? I'm thinking that the lactose is a filler for the pill - maybe with the patch the lactose won't be there????????
Hugs, and good luck, dearest.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1569 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6498

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review