All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I know this is a no no but it works...
      #304563 - 04/11/07 08:58 AM
PAWeatherGuy

Reged: 04/11/07

Has anyone had luck with drinking beer? I find a couple of beers a day makes much of the bloating pain go away. Seems to reduce the abdominal distension as well. IBS-D sufferer who for giggles and grins has now gone to IBS-A for the last few years though not as bad as some of you here. All on my right side and for the last year or so mainly on lower right side at the belt line...
Went completely away in December after an 8 month bout...yea! Only to come back again in March.
Stress stress stress....GE says I am crystal clean after last scoping 5 years ago. Frosted mini-wheats used to work great but not so well anymore.

Interested in the beer question though...it seems to work for me to some extent...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I know this is a no no but it works... new
      #304578 - 04/11/07 11:32 AM
time

Reged: 01/20/07

Seriously, whatever works for you! Often half a cup of coffe will do the trick for me and that is enough and then I just override it with a bunch of benefiber and tea and just try to ignore the pain..beer does work well for me, but I hate it and alcohol in general does upset me more than coffee or anything...I am C..so, what else works for you?
Time

Re: I know this is a no no but it works... new
      #304586 - 04/11/07 12:21 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

My friend is IBS-C and she has a glass of wine every night which she swears calms her spasms.

I don't know that alcohol would help most people. Maybe just a select few?

Coffee helps you?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7131 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 591

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review