All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
is it bad to have a BM every 3 days?
      #304204 - 04/06/07 06:06 PM
jenny833

Reged: 11/05/05

seems like my body wants to eliminate every 3 days. id prefer twice a day but it just doesnt happen anymore

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: is it bad to have a BM every 3 days? new
      #304213 - 04/06/07 10:24 PM
time

Reged: 01/20/07

I had to reread your post twice to make sure you are asking if this is okay. I feel for you, you must be in such pain. No, this is really not very good and is a most assurable problem that you have c. So, what are you eating and are you new to the sight? Just for notice (although it may be too much information..I go about twice a day and I remeber the days like what you are describing...)
Time

How do u go twice a day? new
      #304230 - 04/07/07 09:17 AM
jenny833

ive tried everything and nothing works for me. i have to take a colon cleanse supplement twice a week just to get it out but i can't go on my own any more. when i do have the urge its so hard and difficult to pass that i actually have to squirt a little water up there with a syringe just to get it out without straining and causing tissue damage. I dont eat dairy, red meat or fried foods. i eat tons of vegetables and usually very bland food (no seasonings or spices) so i really dont know why im having such trouble

Edited by jenny833 (04/07/07 09:25 AM)

Re: How do u go twice a day? new
      #304232 - 04/07/07 09:42 AM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Colon cleanses are NOT recommended for IBS because they can get you stuck in a situation like this. Do you take any fibre supplements?

#304233 - 04/07/07 09:48 AM
jenny833

yeah fiber doesnt work for me really -the colon cleanse pills dont have any stimulants and i only use it when i need it.

#304237 - 04/07/07 10:31 AM
time

Reged: 01/20/07

You must be very much frustrated. I was like this as a little girl and it is horrible. But, this is a serious issue and don't give up. First off, fiber does work. Your body is probably under so much stress that it will take a while for it to work. So, please do not give up. It will not happen over night. It didn't for me. You are doing great with not having red meat and the such.
So, get some Benefiber. Take two with every meal and never let your stomach be empty. You may be some pain for a few days, but your body has got to get in the habit of things moving in there. Only stem your veges or boil them and take the time to do it...nothing is as bad as the feeling of not being to release when your body needs to. If you can, walk around the block before you go to work and after. Sleep, take a good 8 hour sleep at night and before hand watch a movie you enjoy or listen to a favorite song. I know this all may be new and odd, but anything to get your poor body some help, it is worth it. Again, a lot of soluble fiber and if you think you have enough now, nope, just continue to increase it. Also, drink at least 12 cups of water a day. Please try this and give your body time to just function. It will click in and if you say to yourself at any time in the day "I will go now...I will go now..I will go now..I will go now..." And focuse all your energy down there and visualize your muscles pushing like hands pushing down your mind and body will begin to work together. This will not work for a few day, but believe me, your body gets use to is and it is almost like giveing your body permission to function. It really really help.
Please try all this and just give things time (hince my message board name). Keep in touch and it won't be like this forever,
Time

#304238 - 04/07/07 10:38 AM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

what are the ingredients in the colon cleanse pills? Colon cleanse products almost always have something that will make you dependant on it.
Have you really given soluble fibre a fair try? It should bulk up your BM's and the IF will push it out faster. Have you been following Heather's diet to a Tee?

#304239 - 04/07/07 10:44 AM
jenny833

ill try the benefiber with meals. i was taking inulin fiber with meals and it was working for a bout a week, but then it stopped and so i stopped taking it.

will it help make the stools bulkier? mine are much thinner than they used to be

thanks so much for the advice

#304242 - 04/07/07 11:42 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

I have about 6 tablespoons of Benefiber a day (a.m. afternoon and night). I'm also taking two Fibercon pills with lunch. I also have to take 4 Colace right now but that's because with being pregnant my C has gotten even worse. You have to start your fiber supplements slowly and add gradually. And keep adding until you get the result you want. The fiber is not going to hurt you but if you do a search on here, you can read more about why colon cleanses are NOT recommended....even though you feel they may be helping right now.

Good luck.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#304244 - 04/07/07 12:18 PM
jenny833

which benefiber works the best - the dextrin or the guar gum?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3610 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4717

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review