Re: New here with a question new
      #304220 - 04/07/07 07:26 AM
nurturingkneads

Reged: 04/01/03
Loc: NC,USA

anyone want to IM each other It helps me to chat about it or other stuff too

--------------------
Gretchen

Edited by nurturingkneads (04/07/07 07:26 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ginger! new
      #304225 - 04/07/07 08:00 AM
Rio

Reged: 11/28/06

I love ginger! A nutritionist advised me to drink a brew of fresh, sliced ginger steeped in hot water before meals to help with digestion. I did this for a while but found I kept forgetting (because I do all the cooking for my family and it's always a rush!). But... I now have three or four pieces of crystallised ginger just after my evening meal - probably too many, but I love it so much - and I find that it really helps to reduce bloating and pain in the evenings.
I'm about to try Heather's Peppermint caps, which also have ginger in them - does anyone know if it's ok to carry on eating crystallised ginger, or is that too much of a good thing?

#304263 - 04/07/07 06:12 PM
meimei

Reged: 12/02/06
Loc: Chicago

Hi Lisa,
I use ginger in tablet form. You can get it at the health food store. I don't like the taste of ginger all that much, so the tablets work great. Good luck!
MeiMei

#304274 - 04/08/07 05:16 AM
Lisa68

Reged: 04/05/07

Does the ginger in tablet form work just as well as the candy? Also does it stay longer in your stomach?

Its really weird because after all of you mentioned Ginger I remembered watching the show "Myth Busters" and they were trying out different remedies for motion sickness,pills, bracelets and dramimine....while spinning in a chair. ALL of these other remedies didnt' help, but the last one they took ginger and it WORKED. The one guy said he got seasick on a boat and will never go out on a boat again without his ginger. How wild is that

I'll let you know how it goes when I get the candy. My son also suffers from car sickeness and I'm hoping the candy will help him too.

Lisa

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2711 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3004

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review