All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Diflucan and side effects
      #304033 - 04/05/07 05:10 AM
wendyc

Reged: 03/20/06
Loc: Florida

I took a Diflucan last night for a female infection (yuck). This morning, I have terrible D. Is it the RX? I should also tell you, my husband and I are going on an important trip today AND there was mayo and bacon on the turkey sandwich that I ate last night. Both mayo and bacon are triggers for me (wish I'd thought of that BEFORE I'd eaten half the sandwich). I'm paranoid that it may be the RX and the D won't go away today. We have a long drive. Could this attack be partly anxiety? I need some reassurance that I'll feel better later. Thanks all.

--------------------
IBS-D, Acid Reflux, ???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Diflucan and side effects new
      #304069 - 04/05/07 09:04 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Diflucan does have diarrhea listed as a side effect so it's possible that's the cause but I'd put my money on the mayo and the bacon and the anxiety about the trip.

Try Imodium to help with the D and if you have a prescription anti-spasmodic take that. Assuming you don't have reflux some hot peppermint tea can help both through its anti-spasmodic effect and through the heat which is soothing. Eat super safe today - stick mostly to Soluble Fiber foods and safe protein.

I'm sure you've already figured this out but my rule of thumb is to eat very safely right before an important event. I figure if I'm going to be anxious I can at least try to soothe my tummy food-wise beforehand.

I hope this helps and you feel better and you have a great trip.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Diflucan and side effects new
      #304210 - 04/06/07 06:52 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

Diflucan is an antifungal. Just wondering if you are having effects of a die off of fungal toxins?? Just a thought. That is one symptom of a die off effect, also flu like symptoms. That would be a good thing as you are getting rid of the toxins in your body. I have had similar effects when using natural antifungals. Lasts for about 3-4 days and then you feel better. Of course, it may not be this at all.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4995 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 749

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review