All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Endo or IBS? Anyone experience this?
      #303983 - 04/04/07 02:35 PM
MaryABR

Reged: 07/24/06
Loc: Stafford, Virginia

I know these issues have been discussed here before, so I thought some of you could offer me some advice or share any similiar experiences. I thought I had my IBS under control and then my husband and I decided we would try to have our first child so I went off of the pill. Almost immediately I suffered terrible cramps for two weeks and missed my regular period. I went to the doctor b/c I thought I may have an ectopic. Tests were negative, but she said to come see her in after three cycles if I still had the same problems. My period showed up two weeks later (abt. 45 days overdue.) Now, I'm on cycle two, period is so far one week late, and I'm not pregnant. Are these signs of endometreosis or is this normal for someone with IBS just off the pill? I'm sorry to ask such a really non-IBS question on these boards, but nearly everyone of my friends are male and I don't have a mom. (I sound stupid, I know ...:) I just want an idea before I see the doctor again.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Endo or IBS? Anyone experience this? new
      #304020 - 04/04/07 09:13 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Firstly, you don't sound stupid.

Second, going on or off the pill can throw your whole system out of whack for a while. It did the same thing to me. Just keep in touch with your doc.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#304083 - 04/05/07 10:37 AM
Joannelcoq

Reged: 10/16/06
Loc: Long Island, NY

Get your symptoms of Endo first..then rule that out. Painful and irregular periods, painful sex and so on. The only way to diagnose that is only endoscopically (Laparoscopy). They do however go together...ibs and endo. Please see your doctor. Good luck.

#304090 - 04/05/07 11:49 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

You certainly don't sound stupid. There's so much stuff in our bodies there's no way we could know what is and isn't malfunctioning.

While you're waiting to see if you're still miserable in a couple of months, you can do a Search on the Boards for endometriosis. A number of people have talked about it - I know Jen1013 has done at least one big post on it.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#304211 - 04/06/07 08:17 PM
KonosMom

Reged: 03/19/07

When you're stopping the birth control pill, your period can be irregular for up to 12 months. While on the pill, your ovaries could basically take a break & now they need to kick into gear again. If your periods were normal before you went on the pill, chances are that it will just take a little while for your ovaries to get you regulated again. It sounded from your note like the cramping occured just during the first 2 weeks after you stopped the pill -- if it's continuing, then I would definitely check in with your doctor.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1987 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1149

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review