Reged: 03/29/07
Loc: Louisiana

Does vanilla soy milk cause bloating?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: soy milk new
      #303912 - 04/03/07 08:18 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Soy on its own may cause bloating. It would be best to start will little amounts and work your way up, and see how you tolerate it.

#303916 - 04/03/07 10:39 PM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

Soybeans can cause gas and bloating just like any other bean. I increased my soy intake gradually, and I think that may have helped me learn to tolerate it well without the gas and bloating. I started adding soy to my diet with soy burgers on a white bun while I was stabilizing. Then, I added tofu. Now I also have soy milk in my Rice Chex each night.

My favorite soy milk (the only one I drink) is Soy Dream Classic varieties (not Enriched). I use Soy Dream Vanilla Classic in my cereal (it is not overly sweet like vanilla rice milk), Soy Dream Original Classic for cooking, and I only occasionally use Soy Dream Chocolate Classic.

#304261 - 04/07/07 06:05 PM
Angel in Pain

Reged: 03/25/07

Hi Gracie, Didn't realize soy milk could cause gas & pain and don't know If I should take my daughter off it or not. She is having pain now but not sure if it's from soy or not. It really hard for me to tell what her pain comes from, but I remember the 2 weeks before I started the acacia & soy she seem to feel a little better than what she does not I had her on the benifiber than. Was also wondering if any of y'all prefered the benifiber over the acacia and if it affected y'all differently on one or the other. I almost think I wanted to go back to the benifiber, but now that you talking about the soy maybe it's the soy that is bothering her. She is hooked on the banana shake in the mornings with soy right now. Alos can any of y'all tolerate Skin Milk? Thanks for all you help. Also can y'all tell me were you pain really is so that I can see if that's were my daughter's pain is, and also is it possible that you can hurt every single day. Thanks again

#304278 - 04/08/07 11:31 AM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Hi Angel, I think I would take the soy away for about a week or 2 and see if your daughter is in less pain. Besides soy milk, you can try Rice Dream, or Blue Diamond Almond Breeze milk (my favorite). Soy, especially in large quantities like a glass, or with cereal, for me caused gas.
Skim milk is an IBS trigger. All dariy products should be avoided at all times. You will not be able to stablize if you even drink a little, including Lactaid milk.
My pain is in the abdominal area and I recently spent almost 2 months with some daily pain. The degree of pain varied, but it was still there. Exercise can really help with that. I really like the acacia more than the benefibre because you get more grams of fibre per teaspoon than with the benefiber. For example I think 1 tablespoon of benefiber has 3 grams of SF, whereas the acacia has 6 grams of SF. So if you're switching from Benefiber to Acacia you have to be carefull with that. If you were giving your daughter 1 tablespoon of Benefiber, you can't immediatly just give her 1 tablespoon of acacia when you switch over. The increase in fibre will cause gas and pain.

#304295 - 04/08/07 06:23 PM
meimei

Reged: 12/02/06
Loc: Chicago

Hello,
Soy products seem to cause me some bloating, although I love them. I usually use half rice milk and half soymilk. Veggie burgers give me a little trouble.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 883 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1056

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review