All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Why at night?
      #303700 - 04/01/07 09:11 AM
Jenny B

Reged: 03/27/07
Loc: Montana

I am new to this site and over the last couple of months have adopted the IBS diet and just in the last couple of weeks Acacia Tummy Fiber to regulate my digestion and rid myself of feeling sick after eating. I have been doing remarkably better, but sometimes at night, a couple of hours after dinner,I still have gas and all of my food feels stuck right in my lower abdomen. I don't know if anyone has any idea how could I could stop this, but any information would be helpful. Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Why at night? new
      #303744 - 04/02/07 08:04 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Evenings are usually when my symptoms appear, if I have any. How much are you eating for dinner? What seems to help me is making sure dinner is my smallest meal of the day. Your digestion is less efficient in the late afternoon and evening, so it has to work harder. Does your gas start BEFORE dinner, or not until after? Do you take Beano with your meals?

Something else most people do after eating dinner is SIT. That's all we want to do at the end of the day, right? Try going for a short walk, or even just get up and clean up the kitchen. Mild activity after eating helps digestion.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#303825 - 04/02/07 07:03 PM
Jenny B

Reged: 03/27/07
Loc: Montana

Thanks for the advice Lisa, it is so nice to have this support! I have tried Beano before, but it gave me a very upset stomach and nausea, so I stopped that.

I usually try not to eat a large meal at night either, but maybe I will try doing some light activity afterwards. I did clean up the kitchen tonight after dinner and I am also taking Acacia, so hopefully these combined will start to help.

Thanks again!

#304046 - 04/05/07 07:17 AM
meimei

Reged: 12/02/06
Loc: Chicago

Hello...I too have my worst problems at night. I spend about 20 minutes in the evening doing stretching exercises, concentrating on my tummy area. The twisting and movement seem to help with that lump of pain in my belly. Also try not to sit...keep moving. Good luck!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 399 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 780

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review