Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Really discouraged
      #30366 - 12/06/03 09:42 PM
Laurel

Reged: 11/21/03
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

Hi everyone....

I cooked the shrimp fajitas last night from the book (they tasted great, Heather), but felt a little "rumbling" afterwards, but I didn't get sick. First thing this morning, I got sick (watery D) and it lasted for about an hour.

Then, I ate bland all day today, stuck to the diet as usual, and got sick again right now. All I ate today was some oatmeal, a bagel, pretzels, and a homemade chicken sandwich on sourdough with organic ketchup. Yesterday's food was very bland prior to the shrimp also.

I don't know what to do. I am so upset. It does not seem like I can eat ANYTHING without my stomach getting upset, not even the IBS recipes. What is going on??? I don't remember my IBS ever being this bad. I am so scared. Please help.

Laurel

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Really discouraged new
      #30373 - 12/07/03 03:45 AM
katgirl

Reged: 10/31/03

After ive just found out im wheat intolerant and also quite sensitive to gluten, could this maybe also be your problem? Id been following all the advice on this site but it seemed like my stomach was getting worse, not better...obviously now i know that all my meals (which were mostly wheat/gluten) were doing more harm than good...certainly all the things you ate e.g. bagel, sandwich, pretzels all contain wheat/gluten...i look back now knowing that my worst days were the days when i totally overdosed on wheat/gluten!

Re: Really discouraged new
      #30415 - 12/07/03 10:12 AM
Shanna

Reged: 11/15/03
Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA

It seems to me that you are doing everything right, especially in terms of sticking to soluble fibers. I am so sorry that you are in pain!

Taking Citracel or a bulk fiber a few times a day and drinking a lot of water through out the day, taking probiotics (regularly from hear on out) and peppermint capusles, and drinking lots of fennel, mint, ginger, or chamomile tea are the only things I can suggest.

Again, taking a probiotic and Citrucel DAILY from here on eat, and taking peppermint capsules before meals, could prevent attacks.

**HUGS!!!!**

--------------------
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e e cummings

also, you could be sensative to certain spices -nt- new
      #30416 - 12/07/03 10:12 AM
Shanna

--------------------

thanks guys... new
      #30419 - 12/07/03 10:31 AM
Laurel

Reged: 11/21/03
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

Katgirl, I will take note of your suggestion on the wheat/gluten. Maybe I am sensitive to gluten?? Who knows, because at this point, it seems like everything is hurting me. I am just going to try process of elimination to see what hurts and what helps.

Anyways, thanks to you both. I hope I can have a happy & positive post next time!

Laurel

Re: thanks guys... new
      #30420 - 12/07/03 10:43 AM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

Laurel, foods do not cause IBS. They can trigger it, but they don't cause the underlying condition.

many other things can be contributing to your IBS, hormones, emotions and moods, especially around the holidays and even the weather.

So maybe is has nothig to do with the foods in the first place, but another trigger casuing a flareup? Then the gut is flaring and then you eat and it hurts so it may be assumed its the foods, when it fact it may not be.

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

Re: thanks guys... new
      #30421 - 12/07/03 10:48 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I agree with Shawneric. Last week I had an episode, and no matter what I ate it seemed to bother me, even if it was totally bland. Sometimes our bodies just get into a funk and take some time to get out of it and return to normal. I'm so sorry you're feeling this way, Laurel, and I hope you start to stabalize soon!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

VERY good point!! -nt- new
      #30434 - 12/07/03 12:38 PM
Shanna

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 466 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1277

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review