All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Constipation, pain, bloat......and fruits and veggies!
      #303460 - 03/29/07 06:45 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I know we are all different. But I was wondering what your favorite fruits and veggies are if you are mainly C and/or pain?

What kind do you generally eat for B? L? D? Or can you eat any type as a snack?

And, do you peel your fruits? Cook them?

Thanks.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Constipation, pain, bloat......and fruits and veggies! new
      #303481 - 03/29/07 08:09 AM
Rio

Reged: 11/28/06

I eat peeled, well cooked apple/pear/blueberries with my breakfast, which might be oatmeal, rice/millet porridge, or occasionally a plain bagel. I also eat small amounts of cooked dried mango (soaked overnight). The only fruit I eat raw is banana, which I have as a mid-morning snack at work. I also bake Heather's fruit breads, which have dates and raisins in them.

#303487 - 03/29/07 09:52 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

The only way I currently eat fruits is in smoothies. During the winter I use frozen fruit (berries, peaches, etc) with a banana. During the warmer months I use fresh fruits and don't peel them.

For veggies, I haven't tried eating anything raw yet (well, other than tomatoes and onion on my veggie burgers!). For the longest time, I did lots of pureeing, but now just cooking them really well (and taking Beano/GasStop beforehand) makes them safe enough. I stay away from broccoli and cauliflower, and can't eat anything like raisins, plums, grapes, etc. They all give me gas and bloating. I'm trying to incorporate more greens, but not quite there yet. Lima beans are one of my faves.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#303497 - 03/29/07 11:05 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

So, you don't peel the fruits that you use in your smoothies? Are you ever gonna try the fruit on its own?

what are your favorite veggies to eat?

Thanks so much! You are always willing to help!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Constipation, pain, bloat......and Rio new
      #303525 - 03/29/07 01:14 PM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

How do you make your millet in porridge? Thank, Debbie IBS-C

#303550 - 03/29/07 04:09 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Anything for you, Jordy!

Nope, I don't peel my fruits. I did an experiment several months ago where one day I ate a peach whole, with the skin. Gave me gas. The next day I peeled it; still had gas. The next day I put it in a smoothie, peel and all; no gas. But it's been awhile, and I'm sure I could tolerate whole fruit now. When we were on vacation last month I ate lots of bite sized pieces of fruit (pineapple, melon, etc.) and was fine. I just like the taste of smoothies better - and it's easier to mix in my acacia and rice protein powder! And less chewing.

My favorite veggies.... If we're talking IF, I'd say lima beans, edamame, garlic, onion, tomato (technically a fruit), fresh herbs.... I'm sure there's others, but that's all I can think of right now. I REALLY miss salads! Hopefully I can eat them again someday.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#303607 - 03/30/07 08:33 AM
Rio

Reged: 11/28/06

Sorry Jordy - I was about to go out when I replied yesterday, didn't read your post properly - so I didn't include veggies.

I eat carrots, mushrooms, beetroot, swede (rutabaga in US?), turnip, celeriac, sweet potato, parsnips (which I think are all SF), and peas, green beans, courgettes (unpeeled) for IF. I have avoided onions and garlic for years, as they always upset me, and find that I can't really tolerate more than a bite of broccoli or cauliflower at the moment. I cook all veggies really well and usually puree them for soups or sauces. I used to eat loads of salads, but they always caused bloat and pain, so I avoid them now. Up until last week, I ate beans of some kind almost every day, pureed in dips, but I am cutting them out at the moment to see if my stomach is calmer without them.

The millet porridge is a ready-bought mix of rice and millet flakes which you cook like oatmeal.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7502 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 949

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review