All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Please help! What am I doing wrong?! new
      #303609 - 03/30/07 08:45 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I would not be satisfied with the IBS diagnosis. IBS does not cause bleeding, so you need to figure out what else could be causing this. Keep demanding that your doctors do more tests. Specifically, a colonoscopy will help them see what's going on. Have you had a colonoscopy?

In the meantime you might be able to find some relief by using Imodium AD. It should help reduce the D and pain/cramping. Continue on the diet of mostly SF as well, and keep drinking lots of peppermint tea.

--------------------
Kat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#303612 - 03/30/07 08:58 AM
latrice

Reged: 03/28/07

Thanks for your reply.I've actually eaten 2 meals and a bag of pretzels in the last 25 days. Even when I drink water, it begins to hurt! So you said to do 1/2 tsp for 3 days and then add 1/4 tsp twice a day? Each time I add to the dosage, for how many days should I take it?
I tried Imodium Ad. I actually went through a box and a half of it. Also, Pepto Bismol.
And I've had the bleeding now for about 5 years, off and on, but more ON than off.At the last doctors visit I had, the doctor put me on steroids first and then scheduled the colonoscopy weeks later. So when we finally did the colonoscopy, he didn't see any bleeding. He was right out of school, but at the time I didn't know it.
I will definitly try eating something again and I made another appointment for next week. Thanks again for the response.

#303614 - 03/30/07 09:04 AM
latrice

I'm not satified with the IBS diagnosis at all. Everywhere I've read and researched, its said that bleeding is not a symptom of IBS. I've actually had 2 colonoscopies. The first diagnosed me with colitis. The 2nd, which was the last doctor I went to, gave me steriods weeks before doing the colonoscopy. So when we finally did it, he did not see any bleeding. He was straight out of school, and I did not know that at the time. So I've set an appointment for next week. I will definitely demand more tests this time. I've had this bleeding for about 5 years on and off.Any other advise, PLEASE let me know. Thanks

#303615 - 03/30/07 09:09 AM
latrice

Thanks, I will definitely be more ruthless. Any other advice ,Please let me know! Thanks

#303616 - 03/30/07 09:11 AM
latrice

I've been bleeding approx. 5 years on and off. Hemmoroids was ruled out with the last colonoscopy. I have a doctors app.next week and I will definitely be demanding more tests.
Thanks alot.

#303619 - 03/30/07 09:25 AM
latrice

I've had two colonoscopies. The first diagnosed me with colitis and the 2nd was IBS. With the 2nd colonoscopy, the doctor gave me steriods weeks before the colonoscopy, so when we finally did it, he did not see any bleeding. Of course shortly after that visit, the bleeding came back.So I went back to the same office and saw another doctor and he basically read to me what the first doctor diagnosed and told me that sometimes the brain sends messages to your body as if you're in pain, but you're really not. To say the least, I was HOT at him and all doctors in general, which is why it has taken so long for me to see another doctor.
I will try eating small meals. It does make sense that I need something in my stomach to absorb the water.
I will try not to give, but this has been the absolute WORST flare up ever, ever, ever!
Thanks so much for your comments. Any other advice PLEASE let me know!

#303625 - 03/30/07 12:58 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I started with 1/4 teaspoon once a day then went up by 1/4 teaspoon per day. I stayed at each dose for at least 3 days.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#303648 - 03/30/07 06:16 PM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

You are in my prayers - yes, try plain white pasta, plain white rice, plain white potatoe, plain french bread is a good one too - if you can take peppermint tea - try it - water - bleeding is not part of IBS - what did they say to do when they diagnosied you with colitis -why are they saying IBS now? Debbie IBS-C

#303650 - 03/30/07 06:18 PM
feelinggood

P.S. try eating little bits of pasta or french bread or plain mased potatoe at time - not alot at once and try eating at intervals so that your stomach is not overloaded but not really getting totally empty.

#303653 - 03/30/07 06:23 PM
feelinggood

Please stay strong and know that others understand - I have just been battling a flare up myself - barely able to eat - know that I understand - yes, your bowel will need something i in there - from the way I understand it the SF helps to stop the spasms and starts it to calm down - if nothing is in there than the spasms have more of a chance to start - there is nothing for the bowel to grab on to - better explanantion by Heather on the site - prayers, Debbie IBS-C

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4526 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4570

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review