All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Fatigue
      #303183 - 03/26/07 02:28 PM
wlm

Reged: 03/06/07
Loc: WA

I have been having more fatigue since I had to go mainly SF. I have been gradually adding a little IF and some protein. After breakfast I feel very sluggish,sleepy and want to go back to bed. Need lots of SF because I don't enjoy a painful abdomen. Does anyone else have this problem? wlm

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fatigue new
      #303185 - 03/26/07 02:31 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

What are some examples of the SF you're eating? Perhaps you are eating too much sugar. Can you try getting your SF from more low-sugar foods? And getting enough protein is VERY important; try to work it into every meal.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#303189 - 03/26/07 02:44 PM
wlm

I eat barley, cream of rice, rolled oats, quinoa, bananas, white french bread, all the potatoes (including yams and sweet) white basmati rice, pretzels, to name a few. I don't really have sugar. I had some chicken breast the other day, but maybe too much. Had pain next day. Put a little shrimp in my rice. I have been adding more of the legumes I omitted, just a T. to 2T as tolerated of canned pinto beans.
Having some cooked IF like asparague, chard and cabbage. Anyway am trying to resolve the fatigue. wlm

#303204 - 03/26/07 05:01 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

On top of the IBS I'm anemic, so I understand tired!! I make sure my iron level is monitored because I don't eat well when I have attacks - SF like you. I take an iron supplement every 2nd day, plus a B50 complex vitamin at lunch for stress and energy. I find it does help. I also use honey in my peppermint tea to give me a bit of a sugar rush without the refined sugar. I go through bouts of extreme fatigue where I will just fall asleep as soon as I'm sitting still (which luckily never happens at work).

Get your blood checked to see what vita / minerals you are low on and try and incorporate foods with them or take supplements.

Good Luck!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

question about fatigue new
      #303216 - 03/26/07 06:13 PM

Unregistered

when i leave school at 12:18 to walk home and arrive at 12:45 I go home to eat. I eat and get really tired and need a nap but I don't have enough time for one with the stuff I do when I get home. I walk back to school at 2:27. Today I ate 2 jenni-0 turkey burger patties, 2 bites of roman basil and lemon pasta, a few small pieces of french bread. I luna bar peanut butter something, and a stonyfield o'soy yougurt. oh yea, and a few drinks of rice milk. I got really sluggish and tired.

Re: question about fatigue new
      #303247 - 03/27/07 07:22 AM
Lisa Marie

you ate ALL THAT for lunch? That sounds like an awful lot. That's why you're tired! Try eating smaller meals more frequently.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#303287 - 03/27/07 11:06 AM

Unregistered

yes..i didn't have it all siting in front of me. i'd cook one pattie then after i ate it cook the other. i ate both patties with french bread, then a while later i ate a soy yougurt.i'll try eating smaller meals i eat alot to try to get things moving.

#303293 - 03/27/07 12:48 PM
Lisa Marie

Well, think about it this way: If you load a washing machine to full capacity, the clothes don't have any room to move around and actually get clean. Your tummy works the same way. If you fill it completely, there's no room left for things to "move around" and digest. You need to leave some room in there!

Try limiting your meals to ~1.5 cups of food at a time and see how that goes. Yeah, you'll eat more often, but you'll feel better in the long run!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#303323 - 03/27/07 05:11 PM
wlm

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. No, I don't eat all that at one meal. That's a list of the foods I do eat spread out. Breakfast might be: Rolled oats, almond, rice or oatmilk, rice protein powder, 1 t. flax oil, stevia for sweetner, banana or applesauce. wlm

#303324 - 03/27/07 05:15 PM
wlm

If I ate 1.5 cups of food per meal, I would have to eat quite often, right? I am trying to maintain my weight, as I have a tendency to be underweight. wlm

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 135 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2314

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review