All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
belly rubs for pooping......
      #30288 - 12/06/03 06:44 AM
flower

Reged: 10/09/03

i just posted the same to shana and thut it mite others too.
for me, a belly rub is always great for pooing purposes. it usually works in about 1-2 hours or if i do it at nite i'll go in the morning.

get some oil, olive, babyoil or massage oil and rub in clockwise direction so u go down ur left side and up ur rite side in circles.
start of nice and easy to warm up but then u can really get into it and dont be afraid to poke around on ur stomach!. u'll probably find wher ur poo gets stuck and u mite find some trapped wind and al sorts of noises but it feels good.
good luck, happy ploping

flower

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: belly rubs for pooping...... new
      #30303 - 12/06/03 09:59 AM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

massage is a good thing and for some this technique works well. You can use it to go with c and go the opposite way for d.

A massage therapists wrote this for me and IBS.

"Massage

Massage and IBS
by T.J. Ford, B.S., L.M.T

Swedish massage is an excellent way to deal with the stresses that are caused by having a chronic condition such as IBS. As the body remains in a stressed condition over a long period of time, different chemicals can affect your overall health and well-being. Massage therapy has been shown to increase circulation of blood and nutrients, as well as "good" chemicals such as serotonin. And what better way to de-stress than with a massage? Also, the pain and discomfort that IBS can cause can result in the muscles of the body tightening up against the pain. This results in more discomfort from those tense muscles. Some muscles can get so tense that they cause pain in other areas of the body; specialized techniques such as trigger point therapy can help deal with those painful areas. Finally, Swedish massage strokes applied to the abdomen can help with constipation and irregular bowel function, by increasing circulation and nutrition to the digestive organs and helping to relax tight abdominal muscles.

Craniosacral therapy and IBS

Craniosacral therapy is a gentle yet profound type of massage that helps to balance the body's central nervous system. The fluid that bathes our brain and spinal cord, called cerebrospinal fluid, must be able to move freely within the body. However, restrictions in the body caused by pain, injuries, or stress can affect this flow, and in turn can affect the whole body. Specifically in the case of IBS, a particular nerve called the vagus nerve runs from the base of the brain down to the gut region. It may be that pressure on this nerve from some of these craniosacral restrictions may be a factor in IBS. Research has shown craniosacral therapy to be effective in treating colic in young children. The massage is done with the client fully clothed and lying on their back, and takes about an hour. Many people report a sense of deep relaxation during the treatment. Often significant relief can be felt after the first session, but many people wish to continue treatments until they reach their optimal level of health. "

T.J. Ford, B.S., L.M.T

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2018 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 359

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review