All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
food dilema...
      #302736 - 03/21/07 12:58 PM
keepsmiling

Reged: 02/05/07
Loc: bham, uk

.. yes i know there are people dying in this world , global warming, poverty etc, so my problem is v mineute, but i am going to see my boyfriend tom night and he suggested a (cheeseless) pizza and video night!
now i am doing quite well at this pizza thing- i have noticed when i eat one i tend to have maybe one or so extra bm the next day (usually just because ive eaten a bigger portion than normal- i have 2 normal bms a day reguarly (i am ibs d, but feeling stable at mo), but once i had a really large cheesefree pizza and had 4bms the next day, but they were normal and no discomfort i think it was just the fact i had extra food, got to go somewhere! i know such a large portion is a no-no, but i cheated and binged!) anyway i emailed various places to see if they do dairy free bases and found one place that did, however they dont have a place near my blokes, they have a dominoes, who emailed and said there is whey in it, can anyone tolerate this in small amounts (im not advocating dairy here, i just wondered if it was worth trying to see if i can, as i know people eat rice cheese (and think that has it in))) there is another place, but i ate one from there and had a loose bm the next day, and its a little independent place, so havent been able to email them to see about ingrediants. the loose bm might have just been because i ate too muchh, this time will have a few slices with pretzels or something i think- so my dilema is risk the place that made me have a loose bm before or try dominoes and whey?? i keep thinking ill say im vegan, but remember i order chicken pizza, lol!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: food dilema... new
      #302737 - 03/21/07 01:10 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I'm really awful with the eating-out ordering pizza thing so I won't bother trying to help there

However, have you tried having a pizza-making night? My bf and I have done this a few times, soo much fun! Make your own dough so you know what goes in it (find one without egg yolk or milk, Heather's EFI cookbook has one). Then add whatever toppings. You can each make your own pizza. You can control how much oil goes into the sauce and cooking veggies.

--------------------
Kat

#302738 - 03/21/07 01:17 PM
keepsmiling

yeah i have done that- it was yummy, i just dont finish work til l8 and fancied a take out, but i have found a chinese by his that does hoisin atir-fry chicken so i might order that with plenty of boiled rice!!! was lush last time
i was just about to post another q, perhaps u can help!! dont know whats wrong with me, im stuck at work for the next hour with nothing on, so decided to find if i can have sausage sandwhiches with my bf at the weekend (he can have the real, greasy ones, me the tofu kind!) thing is heather says on her list of safe uk foods that cauldron sausages r fine, but looked on ingrediants and they contain egg and 100g- 10g of fat, so i worked out cals from fat and was like over 50% or somethin! quorn is lower fat, but thhey list they contain milk as ingrediant! can you make them from tvp? oh my god im so obsessed with food!!!!

#302739 - 03/21/07 01:21 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

LOL We're all obsessed with food labels on here, and not by choice!

I'd choose egg over milk ingredients any day. What I would do is limit how much of the sausage you have and have it with lots of bread. (IE: don't take one slice of bread and pack on a bunch of sausages, instead slice the sausage thinly and use 2 slices of bread). You should be fine with that, and don't use any fattening sauces on it like mayo, maybe just use some mustard.

--------------------
Kat

#302740 - 03/21/07 01:35 PM
keepsmiling

yes thats a good idea, gotta remember there aren't die hard rules, think if i have it on a bagel or mayb just half a sandwhich and a bannana or something! yeh i hate the fact i checklabels, but its second nature now! and now i have got into the habit of googling restarants near me and finding safe choices! so i get there with my order already planned, if im with others im like 'ooh what shall i have i was gonna have quarter punder with chips, but now im in a chicken and plain bread kinda mood!!) its weird getting so much excitment from food- i went to a vegeterian restarant the other day and had vegan hot chocolate, i was excited for like a week! and i found soy cheese mozarella and soy cheese nacho style at my HFS today- practically salivated! oh well, its worth it, to wake up and not have ibs control u anymore, only been diet a month, but feel like life was before i had it (minus the cheese, junk food etc)

Just wanted to say... new
      #302748 - 03/21/07 02:10 PM
oldestofseven

Reged: 12/30/06
Loc: tiny almost unheard of town in the middle of Va

I don't have anything to offer with the food dilema, but about checking labels, I have a cute story.

One time I was serving my little sister (who is four) something that isn't IBS friendly, but she wanted me to have some. I told her I didn't think I was allowed to have any, so she held up the box to me and said, "Well, check the box then." Its so cute that she understands that in order to make sure I can have something, I check the ingredients.

--------------------
Adrianna, IBS-D, stable since May 2007, living life to the fullest because of it!

#303642 - 03/30/07 05:22 PM
littlethree

Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Spokane, WA

This site has some information about dairyless food...i don't know if it helps:

go dairy free.org

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 918 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1011

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review